I'm hoping someone on this forum can help me out of point me to the right directions
    Basically on My Curve 8830 I can't seem to receive test message from other carriers ( VZW, ATT , T-Mobile, Virgin Mobile)
    I able to send it fine and they do receive them but if they try to reply or send me as SMS it never make it to my Berry
    I checked every setting on the phone and there is no blocks , same with Sprint CSR when I called and they checked my account ..everything looks fine

So I did some further testing with my Wife phone (Virgin Mobile) I send a bunch of Text from my BB to here's and it come fine ...but when replying or sending SMS...... Nada.......rien.. nothing

My Brother is On Metroc PCS and do receive my text but he send one ...it never come to my inbox..........

Co workers on Verizon same things They get my SMS but they send me and i never get them

a couple of Friends on ATTnotice the same

I'm so frustrated , as I have people wondering why I never got back to them when they texted me last week.

I went to The Sprint store and they wiped clean the Curve and they tried to send a message from a Nextel phone and it never made it.
    They gave me a new Curve and I'm still having the same problem and they reffered me to call Blackberry??? WTF I guess for them since I do get text ( from within their network it's working and there nothing else they can do)

Please help me..............
    08-29-09 04:47 PM
    I had the same problem a few weeks ago. No one could figuer it out. I finally called CS and changed my number to see if that would fix it. It worked so I called CS back and had them change the number back been fine ever since! Hope that helps!
    I'm hoping someone on this forum can help me out of point me to the right directions
    Basically on My Curve 8830 I can't seem to receive test message from other carriers ( VZW, ATT , T-Mobile, Virgin Mobile)
    I able to send it fine and they do receive them but if they try to reply or send me as SMS it never make it to my Berry
    I checked every setting on the phone and there is no blocks , same with Sprint CSR when I called and they checked my account ..everything looks fine

So I did some further testing with my Wife phone (Virgin Mobile) I send a bunch of Text from my BB to here's and it come fine ...but when replying or sending SMS...... Nada.......rien.. nothing

My Brother is On Metroc PCS and do receive my text but he send one ...it never come to my inbox..........

Co workers on Verizon same things They get my SMS but they send me and i never get them

a couple of Friends on ATTnotice the same

I'm so frustrated , as I have people wondering why I never got back to them when they texted me last week.

I went to The Sprint store and they wiped clean the Curve and they tried to send a message from a Nextel phone and it never made it.
    They gave me a new Curve and I'm still having the same problem and they reffered me to call Blackberry??? WTF I guess for them since I do get text ( from within their network it's working and there nothing else they can do)

Please help me..............
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 07:53 PM
    I called them and they said that i will loose the number and I could not get it back if I did that.
    Can u tell me more about what happened in your case and what was the resolution.
    08-29-09 08:32 PM
    ask them to do an "ESN refresh".
    It will essentially remove your BB from the network, then put it back.
    08-29-09 08:54 PM
    I called them again and they Had me go under the
    "advanced Options" and then checked under " edit default permission" and set them all to " allow" then I had to do a reprivisioning and then they had me pull the battery and wait for like 10 mts and put it back and still nothing .
    The CSR had me send her a SMS ( she was using none-sprint phone) and she got my message and replied and I never got hers.
    She then said that there was some sort of Outage on the Network side with Blackberry with Data and to wait a couple of days and call back and if i still have the same problem then I can have my number changed but I wont be able to get the older number.
    08-29-09 09:08 PM
    i had this happen last night, restored backup, check settings, pulled battery, uninstalled anything new for that day... nothing worked.

bottom line, I left it and went to bed, in the morning, all the test sms's flooded in..

I'm chalking that up to thier servers or something, everything I did or checked was/is the same as when it did work and when it started working again.. maybe they were updating a server or something through RIM... just a thought.
    08-29-09 10:12 PM
    She then said that there was some sort of Outage on the Network side with Blackberry with Data and to wait a couple of days and call back and if i still have the same problem then I can have my number changed but I wont be able to get the older number.
    She's blowin smoke up your you-know-what.
    seriously, esn refresh.
    08-29-09 10:23 PM
    is this something i can do ?? the ESN refresh from my BB
    I have my MSL code.
    08-29-09 10:54 PM
    Seriously, Just call Sprint. It's a network issue. an ESN Refresh is a correct term for many carriers, but this isn't something that will fix your SMS issue for sure. It's something their network repair team may need to fix. When sending SMS out of Carrier, the Messages are routed by another company to the other Carriers. ie, Sprint's switch recognizes the number is not within their network, so they push it to this 3rd party, who routes it to the correct network. Odds are theres some sort of problem there. Or if you just Ported from another carrier over to Sprint, that could be the issue as well.
    08-29-09 11:16 PM
    I ported the number back in July and never had a problem until recently... I do receive SMS as long it's coming from a Sprint Network User....... strange...... I'm able to send my SMS outside sprint and they are beein received. it just that it not making it to my Phone from other carieers.
    08-29-09 11:43 PM
    talk to sprint firmly and hopefully level 2 techs. Tell them you do not want to change your number just test the device/network by putting a test number on your phone then if it works put your number back on and see what happens . This is a sprint problem but you have to prove to a lazy tech.... even a sprint store could put a sales persons number on the phone for 5 minutes and test it then put yours back on.
    08-30-09 09:06 AM
    I could send but not recive any messages unless they came from other sprint users. We did everything even a ESN refresh still didn't work! So I asked them to change the phone number and it worked! I then called back to Level 2 tech and they changed my number back! Been working fine ever since!
    08-30-09 10:49 AM
    I will try that and see what happens. I guess I will end up changing my number.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 10:53 AM
    Please let me know if it works for you!! Level 2 CR can change your number back but only one time!!
    08-30-09 10:58 AM
    I called again from work today and they told me that they will try to change my MSID and then have me test from my wife's phone ( Virgin Mobile) and see if the SMS get delivered.
    I will call them from home since i do not have my wife's phone with me nor could I find someone I knew that could send me a SMS from outside Sprint while I was on the phone with SPrint CSR.
    08-30-09 01:29 PM
    I have had the same problem this week. Just got off the phone with them. I am on the Nextel network. For some reason they had me routed through the Sprint network. They said this what caused the problem. She re-routed the phone through the Nextel network and everything is back to normal. Have them check to make sure you are on the Sprint network and not the the Nextel network. (they are having routing issues)
    09-02-09 01:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD