I recently got an 8310 that the person said was broke (no trackball). I am waiting on a hard case and trackball to get here and loaded DM and did a backup and restore (took forever). When it was done, it gave the setup screen and locked up (hour glass just sitting there forever). I did a battery pull and now it has an hour glass for a few minutes and then goes blank. The backlights never turn off and i've let it set for an hour and nothing.

any thoughts? help?!
    01-28-09 07:04 PM
    when you say that you did a restore, are you saying that you did a OS reinstall? Also, what setup screen are you speaking of? After installing an OS, the spinning hour glass will go for a long time and if you disconnect while its doing that, you'll have a nuked blackberry.
    01-28-09 07:17 PM
    no, i ran the backup and restore from DM 4.7. It took forever and finally finish, clicked the finish button and the BB rebooted. it came up with the setup screen and stayed there forever with an hour glass. I finally pulled the battery and it's not rebooted since. i can still connect to the BB with DM, was going to do an OS reinstall (downloaded .124) and it just says connecting to the JVM and goes no further.
    01-28-09 07:26 PM
    Because you restored it, you will need to reload the original carriers os first. After you get it up and running from there, you can upgrade the os.
    01-28-09 08:00 PM
    how are you even using it without a trackball?
    01-28-09 08:02 PM
    it's not my primary phone, i am fixing this one up for my wife. i put my sim in it (at&t) to make sure it worked, but i can't get to any of the menu's other than MMS. it sucks trying to use it without the trackball!
    01-28-09 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD