Okay... So I have a 8320 and I updated to the 4.5 OS.. I'm not even sure what OS I had previously, but I got my blackberry when the curves first came out, so I'm guessing whatever that OS was it. BUT... Heres the problem, I upgraded, and I love it... but now, my ringer and speaker volume is WAYYY lower then with the previous OS, I turned enhanced volume on, and also have my profile on loud and still no results. Can anyone tell me whats up with this and how I can fix it?????
    04-15-09 02:33 AM
    I think that that is a known issue with your models OS. I don't think there is a fix for it as of yet... Sorry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 03:09 AM
    Many have complained about this (though not me personally). Perhaps I have good hearing. Actually, I only used 4.2 for about a week before upgrading to 4.5 beta so I never really got accustomed to the higher volume in 4.2.
    04-15-09 07:31 AM
    Yup. When I upgraded to the latest on my Sprint 8330, the Loud profile no longer works right. All others are okay.
    04-15-09 10:39 AM
    I had the same problem when I upgaded to 4.5, at least I know that I'm not the only one.I have kinda gotten used to it except it is kinda anoying when I'm at work and and I also use it for my work phone. I'm a forklift driver and it is now sometimes hard to hear over the engine

04-15-09 11:14 AM
    All these posts with problems. Ive had a BB since 1999. Not once have I gotten a bad BB. Pearl...Curve...Storm.

Are we trying to modify the original use to much?
    04-15-09 11:27 AM
    I love the update.. but HATE.. that my phone is not as loud. and I also have a noisy work environment and I prided my blackberry on having the capability to sound like freakin boom box when I needed it to.. and it seems as though Ive lost that with this great update... There has to be a way to fix this guys. I'm seriously thinking about downgrading back to the 4.2
    04-15-09 12:04 PM
    Ringtones can be made louder with Audacity or mp3gain then reloaded back to your BB.

Sorry, I don't have a solution to your in-call volume problems other than to suggest trying a bluetooth earpiece or a wired earpiece/microphone.
    04-15-09 01:43 PM
    Strange, my 8330 is running 4.5 and I have no issues. Came with 4.5 though. That may be the difference.

Is this an issue with all 83xx's or just GSM 83xx's?

04-15-09 01:52 PM
    Has this issue been resolved somehow? I just replaced a busted BB with a new 8330 with a 4.5 OS and the volume during calls is atrociously low even though I've set everything to 100% and LOUD. Any help?
    07-30-09 10:25 PM
    I'd love to hear a solution to this as well.

07-30-09 10:31 PM
    In for a solution

07-30-09 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD