I unlocked the vendor themes on my phone, following the instructions provided here, only to realize I didn't want any of them. So, I searched again to find out how to re-lock them, but nothing I have tried has worked.

I tried "reversing the process" by changing all the vendor ID's to one other than my own, but that didn't work. I re-downloaded my OS, and that didn't work either. I checked the file, and all the vendor ID's are back to the defaults, but when I plug in my BB, the DM doesn't recognize that there are any changes to update. I tried making a small change (adding a space at the beginning of the file, so that there would be changes to save), but even after re-saving the file, nothing happens when I plug in my BB.

Is there anything else I can do? I really don't want any of those vendor themes.
    05-25-09 04:37 PM
    I used Crackmem too, and nothing happened. I still have all the vendor themes.

If I restore my device with my last backup file, will this delete any third-party apps I've downloaded since then? Also, would this even be a viable option to removed the vendor themes, since I've already re-installed my OS?
    05-25-09 05:14 PM
    Go to the folder c:\program files\common files\research in motion\
    shared\loader files\8330....\java

Once there look for a series of files named net_rim_theme...
    Anything without the number 105 delete. This does not include the
    stock themes which WILL not have a number (vendor ID)

When that is done open DM, connect the phone, click Application
    Loader and "next" your way through to remove the files.
    05-25-09 06:09 PM
    Download the handheld software for your device again, this time do not delete the vendor file(vendor.xml) connect your device to your computer, open desktop manager do an istall and viola they are gone. Only the theme for your carrier will be installed on to your Blackberry. You must also unistall the device software that you are using now on your computer and start from scratch, that is what I did. Once you download and install the device handheld OS, if you do not want to use the DM used the apploader instead but it is six of one and half dozen of the other, both does the same thing. Good luck

I unlocked the vendor themes on my phone, following the instructions provided here, only to realize I didn't want any of them. So, I searched again to find out how to re-lock them, but nothing I have tried has worked.

I tried "reversing the process" by changing all the vendor ID's to one other than my own, but that didn't work. I re-downloaded my OS, and that didn't work either. I checked the file, and all the vendor ID's are back to the defaults, but when I plug in my BB, the DM doesn't recognize that there are any changes to update. I tried making a small change (adding a space at the beginning of the file, so that there would be changes to save), but even after re-saving the file, nothing happens when I plug in my BB.

Is there anything else I can do? I really don't want any of those vendor themes.
    05-25-09 07:21 PM
    Thank you! I was able to get rid of them by using the app loader like AG suggested.
    05-25-09 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD