While on a business trip to the USA I purchased a AT&T 8310 unlocked BB.

Id like to now use this BB in the UK on the Orange network as this is what our company uses. I have requested our IT dept to arrange for the BB to be added to our corp BB services which is now in the hands of IT. for my own benifit I would like to know what they will need to do to arrange our corp BB email service on my device. After trying to load up the Orange Software I have found that Orange only support the 8320 on the software will not load on my 8310 saying something about a email problem or apllication needs to on the device. Any tips or help here would be greatfull as I would like to Orange'fy my BB and get rid of the horible At&T logos. Also I have noticed that if I use an Orange short dial from the address book the BB always places +1208 in front of it ie short dial Orange number 8114044 comes up dialing +12088114044. Now I know what the +1208 is but how do I stop the BB from dialing it now Im in the UK. Any help would be great.

Many thanks
    02-19-08 09:32 AM
    To fix you dialing issues, go to your Phone Dialer screen > Options > Smart Dialing. Set your country code there, and all else you need.

Your IT people should be able to provision BES on your 8310 perfectly well. You can't load the 8320 OS on the 8310. You need the 8310 OS for your device. Look at the Sticky Notes in the top of this Curve section.
    02-19-08 09:35 AM
    Dialing sorted many many thanks for quick relpy. Anything I can do with the At&T logos at all???
    02-19-08 09:43 AM
    If you mean the logo on the screen then change your theme but if your phone is branded with the AT&T logo you are stuck with that unless you get new casing.
    By the way you can download the 8310 OS from any Carrier providing you remove the vendor.xml file from it first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-08 10:08 AM
    nbroadhead, you cannot remove the flash startup screen you see after you turn on the device... there is no way to remove that. Not even a new OS install from another carrier will remove that.
    02-19-08 10:24 AM
    many thanks for the replys I was on about the flash start up at&t screen. Also what does the vendor.xml do just so I knows??? Anyone recomend a nice theme??
    02-19-08 10:44 AM
    The vendor.xml file tells the App Loader what to load on your device and what not to load, according to the vendor ID of your device. So deleting that file allows all themes, etc., to be loaded.
    02-19-08 10:45 AM
    Before you download anything check your OS version, either go go options > about, or type EACE from your home screen (you won't see what you type) and you will see something like 4.2.x.xxx or 4.1.x.xxx - make sure that whatever you are downloading is for your version. All software lists what version it is for i.e. 4.0, 4.1 or 4.2.

There are so many themes available that it would be hard to pick one for you when only you know what you like. Try the crackberry store for starters.
    02-19-08 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD