yea, considering I got it off ebay as mentioned in the op, prob not gonna happen. the ebay auction does accept returns fortunately.

think it could be a battery problem? I actually know of someone else who has a curve and I might try their battery.
    Get a new battery. You need to find a good quality one (not off ebay - I have 2 from there and they are problematic).

Your problem is that the battery is failing anf when the phone suddenly asks for power e.g. when it want to 'talk' to the mast, the instantaneous battery voltage drops and the phone says 'Goodbye'.

The individual you know with the Curve, did you try their battery yet?
    07-19-08 08:27 AM
    The individual you know with the Curve, did you try their battery yet?
    UPDATE: Yep, tried a new working battery, still experienced the shutting off problem. I also took it to a tmo store and they said that it is probably a hardware issue with the phone.

Also, it was the software version 4.2.xx (it was the newest one available from tmo)

So, I contacted the seller on ebay. Seller refunded what I paid, plus the shipping, and the shipping that it cost me to send it back.

Ordered another and should be here today tomorrow!...hopefully better luck with this one!
    07-21-08 08:13 AM
    I got my curve back in April from the vzw store. I have had this happen to me twice. With my world edition this has never happened. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
    07-21-08 08:53 AM
    Hi there. I've also been experiencing this same problem for about a month now as well. I bought my T-Mobile 8320 Curve on this site in January and after 6 months of usage this problem started to occur. Luckily my cousin in Italy owns a cell phone store, so when he came down to visit he took my Curve back with him and is going to try and fix it.
    07-21-08 10:43 AM
    Hi there. I've also been experiencing this same problem for about a month now as well. I bought my T-Mobile 8320 Curve on this site in January and after 6 months of usage this problem started to occur. Luckily my cousin in Italy owns a cell phone store, so when he came down to visit he took my Curve back with him and is going to try and fix it.
    how often is it rebooting on you? is there anything that you do specifically that makes it reboot?
    07-21-08 11:25 AM
    It's odd because it could rebot after 5-10 minutes of being on or every minute. It usually happens during a phone call, when texting, listening to music, or it just might be sitting on my desk and turn off.
    07-21-08 11:59 AM
    It's odd because it could rebot after 5-10 minutes of being on or every minute. It usually happens during a phone call, when texting, listening to music, or it just might be sitting on my desk and turn off.
    sounds exactly like the problems I was experiencing.

Does it do the same thing when its plugged in? Have you also tried a new or different working battery?
    07-21-08 12:04 PM
    Personally, I would return it to the seller. Why go through all the trouble of trying to figure out what's wrong. You should get one that works properly. Just a thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 12:09 PM
    Personally, I would return it to the seller. Why go through all the trouble of trying to figure out what's wrong. You should get one that works properly. Just a thought.

yea, in case you didn't see one of my previous posts, I already did that and bought a different one :-D
    07-21-08 12:11 PM
    Well finally got my new curve, and as you can see....its working great! Wifi is so amazing!

07-21-08 05:17 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD