I've had my first BlackBerry for a month or so now, and I LOVE IT!!! So much so that I overloaded it with unnecessary apps (AOL AIM, other IM software, games, etc.). Lately, I've noticed that it's lagging a LOT, operating slowly, and even freezing up where I've had to do battery pulls. Today I decided to delete all of the unnecessary apps. After each delete, it said it had to reset for the delete to be "official" (or whatever the language is). I thought I would wait till I deleted my LAST app to say YES to the reset. Which I did, and the unit began to reset itself. It's been at least an hour now, and the hourglass won't go away. WHAT DO I DO??? HELP!
    04-23-09 09:15 PM
    I would wait it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 09:24 PM
    Pull your battery, wipe the cache on browser options, and activate the memory cleaner in security options, also download 'quickpull' from the CB app store (free) and set it to run at about 4;30 every morning. And be sure your memory is saved to the memory card and not to 'device' under media options. Follow these steps and I promise you will be running at top speed in no time. Oh and upgrade to the 4.5 OS! Good luck!

04-23-09 10:08 PM
    THANK YOU xliderider and jeffreycolds. I waited it out (which felt like FOREVER, but the hourglass FINALLY went away), and then wiped the cache and activated the memory cleaner. It's working great now!
    04-24-09 12:05 PM
    What's quickpull?

04-24-09 01:41 PM
    What's quickpull?

It is an application that simulates a battery pull
    04-24-09 01:46 PM
    THANK YOU xliderider and jeffreycolds. I waited it out (which felt like FOREVER, but the hourglass FINALLY went away), and then wiped the cache and activated the memory cleaner. It's working great now!
    Glad to hear everything is good now.

What's quickpull?

QuickPull simulates a battery pull to reset your BB without actually having to take out the battery. Furthermore, you can schedule QP to reset your BB at scheduled times.

QuickPull v2 (BETA) - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store)
    04-24-09 01:46 PM
    quick pull is an app that simulates a battery pull.
    04-24-09 01:47 PM
    Is an actual batter pull good for your blackberry?
    05-03-09 10:46 PM
    Is an actual batter pull good for your blackberry?
    yes. its like hitting the reset button on a pc, and fixes tons of problems.
    05-03-09 11:48 PM
    How often would you recommend a battery pull?
    05-03-09 11:52 PM
    You can do a battery pull when you are having lag issues so there's not really a time limit on that because it can vary from person to person...
    05-03-09 11:55 PM
    You can do a battery pull when you are having lag issues so there's not really a time limit on that because it can vary from person to person...
    Appreciate the info, I am still learning about my Blackberry, but one this is for sure, I do love it!
    05-03-09 11:56 PM
    No problem Sylar if you haven't already checked it out take a peek at the 101 lecture series in my signature. Great info found there...
    05-04-09 12:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD