I need help, when ever I lock my BB Curve the screen flashes on and off and its soo annoying and it does the same thing when I put the phone on standby mode. the screen will turn off for 2 seconds and then turn back on and same when its locked the screen will turn off for a few seconds and then turn back on, it does that all night long, its like a bright night light. also the keyboard light doesnt turn off, is there anyway to make the phone go into a power save mode or something? can anyone help me?!?!?!
    thanks for your time!!!!
    03-29-09 02:23 PM
    If you have changed no settings have you tried a battery pull to try to resolve the issue?
    03-29-09 02:25 PM
    Thanks soo much,it worked!!! can ask why the battery needs to be pulled? should I do that like once a week or somethin?
    03-29-09 02:35 PM
    Its part of life with a BB. I have not needed to do one in a long time. When I have simple issue I will just soft reset (alt - rightshift -delete) and that will reboot the berry.

Why it worked is because pulling the battery clears memory and corrects processes that may have somehow gotten hung up and is the better of the two solutions when trying to troubleshoot an issue. You do not need to physically pull the battery weekly, every now and then the alt/rshift/del wouldnt hurt and would be a good idea though to refresh the memory and keep things fresh... You could pull the battery as well but some folks with cases etc find it annoying so.... There are even apps out there that will simulate the battery pull for you (quickpull) but in my opinion when trying to fix an issue pulling the battery off the contacts is the best medicine.
    Last edited by Tremortality; 03-29-09 at 02:50 PM.
    03-29-09 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD