I've had my 8310 for almost 2 years (v 4.2.2.181 platform 2.5.0.35) and it has now decided not to sync! It would start syncing my address book then just stopped and I got an error message stating the sync could not continue.

I've wiped the handheld (by using the option in the handheld itself) and downloaded V4.6 of Desktop Manager (thinking I should go back to a lower version) but haven't had any luck! Still not syncing

Please help! I like to sync every day with Microsoft Outlook and can't do a thing at the moment!

Thank you
    03-31-11 04:18 PM
    Any version from DM 4.5 up will work just fine. DM 4.5 is the smallest and simplest, but it isn't necessary for you to use an older version.
    03-31-11 04:25 PM
    I pressed synchronise and it seemed to start OK but is frozen with the following message:

"Processing:
    Determining the root configuration for main system...."
    03-31-11 05:14 PM
    I googled your error message and got a lot of hits. Unfortunately most of them were people asking the question and not getting answers. The most common answer was to use an earlier version of DM. I saw recommendations all the way back to DM 4.2. The problem with that is that you quickly get to DM versions too old to use with the current versions of Outlook. One possible solution you could try would be to run DM as an administrator. That solved the problem for one person.

I recommend you google the error message and read the posts for yourself. You may find a solution that I overlooked in my quick review. If you find a solution, please post it here. Obviously many folk have had the same problem.
    04-01-11 08:02 AM
    my 8310 runs 4.5.0.180 with DTM 6.0.1.18 and have never had issues
    04-01-11 02:23 PM
    Jeff seems on the right track. Read this thread.
    jeffh likes this.
    04-01-11 02:28 PM
    Nice work by Wulf to sift the gold from that torrent of posts.
    04-01-11 02:31 PM
    Thanks Jeff! I consider it more of a lucky strike

At least I hope it is.
    04-01-11 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD