My 8310 is having major memory issues! Emails are cleaned within 24 hours and phone/texts are wiped clean immediately. Normally I get a memory clean after a few months, but this just happened the other day and now it won't hold anything.

I'm on OS v4.2.2.170 --so maybe I need an upgrade? I tried to find it on the blackberry.com site but was unable to locate it.

Can anyone help me??!?
    05-08-09 09:37 AM
    This is due to memory loss! Go to Options>Status, and check File Free status. You should have a minimum of 12,000,000 free bytes in order for your BB to function smoothly. If you're low on memory, follow the instructions on this thread to help you out.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

After you finish with the memory optimization, make sure all your media items (e.g. pics, music, video etc.) are stored on a media card. When you lose memory, your BB will start to delete the least important items to free up memory. This includes texts, emails and call logs. Try to keep an amount above or around 12,000,000 free bytes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 09:39 AM
    Oh, this is the latest OS for your phone. Instructions on how to upgrade are included inside.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...-124-a-137570/

05-08-09 09:41 AM
    I don't get it. I bought an 8gb memory card, inserted it, formatted it, have moved music and audiobooks to it by drag and drop. Now I can't find it on my phone. How do I open the media card from my phone?
    05-08-09 09:42 AM
    I have 0 Free Bytes...and that is after I did all the freeing up memory stuff.

I will try to download the new OS and see if that works.
    05-08-09 10:05 AM
    Done a battery pull lately? I know its part of the memory cleaning deal but just asking.

05-08-09 10:09 AM
    Battery Pull got my Free Bytes up to 5,070,279! Still going to do the OS upgrade, but I feel much better about keeping my emails, phone, texts now.

Thanks all!
    05-08-09 10:18 AM
    I don't get it. I bought an 8gb memory card, inserted it, formatted it, have moved music and audiobooks to it by drag and drop. Now I can't find it on my phone. How do I open the media card from my phone?
    On your device go to media>explore>media card...

Battery Pull got my Free Bytes up to 5,070,279! Still going to do the OS upgrade, but I feel much better about keeping my emails, phone, texts now.

Thanks all!
    Yeah you are still under the 12 mb range so I would look at doing the upgrade. If you don't wanna do the upgrade I would suggest looking at themes and apps you are not using and delete them. Also make sure pics and ringtones, etc aren't being saved to your device memory and to your media card if you have one...
    05-08-09 10:38 AM
    The 4.5 upgrade will help you substantially, and help manage that memory a lot better.

05-08-09 10:42 AM
    How many apps do you have and how many are running in the background ? If you have several running (but not actively in use), you might shut them off and, thereby, free up memory.
    05-08-09 12:49 PM
    Did the upgrade, now I have about 15 million free bytes! I would suggest the upgrade for anyone!!
    05-08-09 01:02 PM
    I knew that would help. Yep at 15 mb you are good...
    05-08-09 01:09 PM
    I have been having the same issue, and after cleaning the OS with CrackMem, MaxMem, deleting apps, cleaning caches, browser history and cookies, logs, etc., I cannot achieve more that 5-6 MB after a battery pull with no apps open.

I guess I will sometime soon a clean wipe and reinstall...
    05-09-09 10:45 PM
    What apps do you have installed? Do you have several themes downloaded? They take up more space than most people think...
    05-09-09 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD