i just got a 8330 sprint and i dont kno wat to do. i heard i need to download the latest os. please send me the link to that and how to do it. and a link that works!! then my email i can't set up at all it keeps talkin bout enterprise and passwords and stuff!! wtf!! and than i cant accept people with my black berry messenger as my contacts!! WTF!! and i dont kno where my browser is on my phone. itis like hidden how do i find it! please help!!!!! PLEASE!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    04-02-09 09:40 PM
    Sounds like you don't have a blackberry plan. Its different from just a regular data plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 09:42 PM
    what is the difference?
    04-02-09 09:44 PM
    well im pose to have the same plan of my bf nd he has all these features
    04-02-09 09:45 PM
    Maybe call sprint/nextel to get your account info plan verified. Make sure you have a plan that suits what you will likely use the phone for. Theyshould be able to help you with the initial set up as well. Call from a landline.

Do not download a new o/s (operating system until you are more confident and comfortable with your new device.

It's a learning curve (no pun intended). Take your time. Read the manual. Learn at your own pace.

Use key words to search the forums here. I have found the answers to most of my questions from others on this site.

Take a deep breath...and relax.
    04-02-09 10:08 PM
    Maybe call sprint/nextel to get your account info plan verified. Make sure you have a plan that suits what you will likely use the phone for. Theyshould be able to help you with the initial set up as well. Call from a landline.

Do not download a new o/s (operating system until you are more confident and comfortable with your new device.

It's a learning curve (no pun intended). Take your time. Read the manual. Learn at your own pace.

Use key words to search the forums here. I have found the answers to most of my questions from others on this site.

Take a deep breath...and relax.

Very sound advice right there!

David
    04-02-09 10:13 PM
    Looks like a good time for the 101 lecture series...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...lecture+series

If you need specific help with bbm, PM me and I'll be glad to help you.
    04-02-09 10:16 PM
    Seriously...forget about worrying about an OS download right now if you have at least 4.5.77 which you should have. You can do almost everything that you need to do with it now if you are running on at least 4.5. As for setting up your e-mail, if you just can't do it, just bring it to verizon and have them do it for you. Just remember to getyour username and password. You will need it later. If you want to do it yourself, read up on CB how to do it and read the Blackberry 101 Lecture Series whose link I have provided.

BIS...if you are using BB on your personal e-mail accounts and not through your business or job.

BES...usually corporate system.

Right now...get your e-mail set up and then start reading the following lecture series.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-lecture-series

BTW..your Browser is the Globe symbol. Hit that, then the Menu button and then the Go To button.
    04-02-09 10:24 PM
    i just got a 8330 sprint and i dont kno wat to do. i heard i need to download the latest os. please send me the link to that and how to do it. and a link that works!! then my email i can't set up at all it keeps talkin bout enterprise and passwords and stuff!! wtf!! and than i cant accept people with my black berry messenger as my contacts!! WTF!! and i dont kno where my browser is on my phone. itis like hidden how do i find it! please help!!!!! PLEASE!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey!
    Im new to the BB curve as well. Ive only had it for about a week, but I have it thru sprint too. When i went to the sprint store and purchased it, the man was very nice and helpful. As far as the email, he set it up for me, for both my hotmail and i guess a blackberry account that is also good to have. He set it up thru his computer in about 5 minutes and so now i have all my hotmail emails directly sent to my phone. its pretty cool!
    A good package that I have for the BB thru Sprint is the EVERYTHING DATA PKG. It includes all the internet access, text msg's, pic mail, and evthing else basically. Maybe that will help with the Internet Problem. As far as learning how to find the browser, I have no idea! Im not used of the cell enuff yet to help out with that..Well anyway goodluck!
    04-03-09 12:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD