my Blackberry Curve Froze This Morning At Work, So I Took Out The Battery And The Media Card Popped Out. I Inserted It Back In, And Put The Battery Back On And Restarted It. Now My Media Card Is Not Being Read - It Says It Needs To Be Formatted! I Have Never Had This Happen Before. Anyone Have Any Simple Fixes Or Solutions? I Am In Tears Thinking Of The Fact That My Pictures Are Lost. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO GET THE DESKTOP MANAGER TO WORK AT HOME EITHER! Help Me!
    Last edited by izayahzmami; 07-16-09 at 06:30 AM.
    07-16-09 06:27 AM
    I have a USB port card adapter that can plug into a PC and will treat your card as a drive thus allowing you to copy your files to a back up drive. Not expensive about 30.00. After coying I would of course verify before formating the card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 06:31 AM
    Do you have one of those cheap little micro sd adapters for usb. They are about 5 bucks. In fact, your micro sd card might have even come with one. Put that in your pc and see if you can copy all the files. I had this happen to me a few weeks ago. I was able to copy info, then format card in the phone and then move your stuff back.
    Hope not all is lost!
    07-16-09 06:35 AM
    I think i got one of these adapter things when i got the media card, but i never needed it, so i will have to see if i still have it. Otherwise i will buy a new one. Now when i put the media card into the adapter as you guys call it, will it reconize pictures just like my media card for my digital camera? (i just insert card, and they pop right up to save). If my phone says it needs to be formatted, will the computer say that too or is it completely different?
    07-16-09 06:54 AM
    Well, we are HOPING that your pc recognizes your card and allows you to transfer pics etc using the drag and drop method. If the pc DOES NOT recognize your card, it may have bombed out
    We are hoping your can read from your card. Sometimes you can run checkdisk on the card from windows...let's see insert card. Open My Computer/ right click the card itself. Choose Properties/Tools/ and then Error Checking. I think that is the path. As long as the card is recognized by the PC you can work with it a bit. If not...don't reformat yet. There are freeware programs out there that try to recover stuff from flash media...
    07-16-09 08:00 AM
    Any suggestions on the freeware programs to use if all else fails?
    07-16-09 09:33 AM
    this happened to me a while ago...i just hooked my bb up to come laptop and got rid of some broken files on there. try just taking your media card back out and leave it out for about 30 seconds and then putting it back it. that has also worked for me.
    07-16-09 09:37 AM
    I'm on a locked sown pc right now at work. Later ( or tomorrow) I can send you some links to programs if you need them.
    Good luck!
    I also has a corrupted file (music file) on me card that caused it not to be seen...in three different berries!!!! Needless to say, eliminate the file and you are in business.
    07-16-09 09:44 AM
    Adapter didnt help Wont even read on the computer.. Any other ideas?
    07-16-09 08:51 PM
    Still no luck on getting files from the card? It may be dead. Here is a link for some freeware programs. Give some of them a shot Freeware downloads System Utilities - Data Recovery Tools at SnapFiles.com if you still have the card.
    07-17-09 07:51 PM
    Tried some of them programs.. Didnt work.. Even tried to format.. Failed.. Any other suggestions?
    07-17-09 09:05 PM
    Bought a card at walmart tonight.. Just put it in, comp recognized it right away.. So my card must be dead
    07-17-09 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD