I asked my friend if he could put some music on my phone since I forgot how to do it and because he has a blackberry so I thought he knew how.

He left my dorm and told me that my phone was almost ready and to wait until the spinning sand time teller thing stopped and it would be done. When it was "done" it went back to primitive blackberry, as if I had just taken it out of the box. For example:

- all of my contacts are gone
    - all of my messages are gone
    - all of my pictures, songs, ringtones, and backgrounds are gone

I wish I could say for sure that all of my info was backed up but I can't.

Can anyone please help me and tell me what I should do??????
    04-21-09 05:54 PM
    um... your SOL. if there is no backup, there is no where to go from there... NEVER let anyone touch your berry. chalk it up to a learning experience. sorry
    04-21-09 05:58 PM
    Bummer He cleared the memory card also?
    04-21-09 05:59 PM
    Ooops!!!!!
    04-21-09 06:02 PM
    Bummer He cleared the memory card also?
    I have no idea. I don't even know if I backed my phone up in the past and how to put my backup files on my phone. I don't know how to do any of this!!! I'm just freaking out right now
    04-21-09 06:02 PM
    Try to make it a habit to back everything up with the desktop manager.
    04-21-09 06:05 PM
    Wow, talk about talent! Does he still draw breath? His brains still contained within that fragile shell?

Next time, I recommend asking how and self-serve it, so you only have your own backside to kick. How many people do we see that have BBs and not a clue how they are used?

Sorry you're in a jam and you lost your info, that's a lousy deal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 06:07 PM
    It's weird though because my phone still has the apps I downloaded for it like Crackberry, AIM, Bank of America and stuff. Why didn't those get cleared as well?
    04-21-09 06:18 PM
    Try doing a search on your computer for *.ipd files. Include searching hidden files. If you are lucky, you will have a backup file somewhere on your computer.

Get back to us if you find something.
    04-21-09 06:18 PM
    It's weird though because my phone still has the apps I downloaded for it like Crackberry, AIM, Bank of America and stuff. Why didn't those get cleared as well?
    Try pulling the battery out of your BB with the power on, wait 30 secs then reinstall the battery.
    04-21-09 06:19 PM
    I always back my stuff up.
    04-21-09 06:21 PM
    Try doing a search on your computer for *.ipd files. Include searching hidden files. If you are lucky, you will have a backup file somewhere on your computer.

Get back to us if you find something.
    I found a file on my computer called "LoaderBackup-(2009-04-21).ipd"

It was last modified an hour ago.

What does that mean? Is it a backup file with my stuff on it?

I searched for it during the battery pull.
    04-21-09 06:24 PM
    Yes, an .ipd file is a backup file.

Use DM and click on Backup/Restore, then select Restore. Direct DM to use the file you found.

That really has me curious what your "friend" was doing that involved using the Apploader?
    04-21-09 06:41 PM
    Yes, an .ipd file is a backup file.

Use DM and click on Backup/Restore, then select Restore. Direct DM to use the file you found.

That really has me curious what your "friend" was doing that involved using the Apploader?
    When I go to DM it won't let me choose Restore and then direct it to the .ipd file I found. What should I do know?
    Last edited by tescobar; 04-21-09 at 07:03 PM.
    04-21-09 06:58 PM
    Hmm maybe he updated the OS as well.....

Glad you found a ipd file.... Good news
    04-21-09 06:59 PM
    Hmm maybe he updated the OS as well.....

Glad you found a ipd file.... Good news
    I think he may have, I don't recognize some of the icons on my phone and some small things like the way the battery looks and stuff is different.
    04-21-09 07:03 PM
    also buy a extra sim card and put every thing on it and store it away so if your pc crashes you can just pop a the sim card you his and everything is there.
    04-21-09 07:10 PM
    also buy a extra sim card and put every thing on it and store it away so if your pc crashes you can just pop a the sim card you his and everything is there.
    Umm on a Verizon 8330. Don't think so. You may be confused with GSM Curves
    04-21-09 07:11 PM
    You might need to rename the file you found b4 DM will recognize it.

Try this. Make a backup of your BB now. Make sure you don't overwrite the file you found earlier. Copy down the name of the file that was created then delete it. Rename the file you found earlier to the file you wrote down.

04-21-09 07:26 PM
    Also, I'm trying to download wallpapers but when I try to open the attachment in the e-mail it keeps telling me "More request cannot be completed. Service book information not found." What does that mean??
    04-22-09 12:18 AM
    Does that mean the Restore worked?

I find it much easier to download WPs to my PC and moving them to my BB's media card using Mass Storage Mode.

04-22-09 12:21 AM
    Try resending your service books.

Email Settings, Service Books, Send Service Books.

04-22-09 12:22 AM
    its incredible that you have and ipd file that should contain most of your info being that it was dated today. should be good.
    04-22-09 12:27 AM
    I asked my friend if he could put some music on my phone since I forgot how to do it and because he has a blackberry so I thought he knew how.

He left my dorm and told me that my phone was almost ready and to wait until the spinning sand time teller thing stopped and it would be done. When it was "done" it went back to primitive blackberry, as if I had just taken it out of the box. For example:

- all of my contacts are gone
    - all of my messages are gone
    - all of my pictures, songs, ringtones, and backgrounds are gone

I wish I could say for sure that all of my info was backed up but I can't.

Can anyone please help me and tell me what I should do??????
    WoW! Im sorry this happened to you. Apparently your friend knew less than you. Here's hoping the backup you found has got you going again,

04-22-09 12:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD