I've used Palm treos for years and love them. My work gave me a curve but I'm just not getting it. Can someone who has had both, please help me understand what I'm missing?
    Thanks
    05-28-08 03:28 PM
    Lol, what are you trying to do? What do you mean you "just aren't getting it"?
    05-28-08 03:34 PM
    OK for starters, the Curve is smaller, lighter, (dare I say) sexier and there's BlackBerry messenger.

If you're bored with the theme, change it by selecting themes w/ different layout styles.

Have you looked on the internet from your BB?

What did you like about the Treo so much (not attacking you just trying to help you love but not LOOOOOOOOVE your Curve! )?
    05-28-08 03:45 PM
    All of the reasons Ethereal listed and more. The Blackberry OS is also more stable and (IMO) user friendly than WM6.
    Last edited by Kronk; 05-28-08 at 03:54 PM.
    05-28-08 03:48 PM
    If you want to love it just hang out on it... Notice lots of people actually will surf the net (and post on here) ... There's so much you can do...

I got mine a week ago and I'm in love alerady... Just give it time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-08 03:53 PM
    I've used Palm treos for years and love them. My work gave me a curve but I'm just not getting it. Can someone who has had both, please help me understand what I'm missing?
    Thanks
    Well I used to have the 750. Let me guess...you miss the touch screen?

Do you miss having to use two hands to do stuff?

Have you tried using the BlackBerry Messenger? It's basically IM on your device.

I'm guessin work paid for your data plan? Cruise the web! There are more and more WAP pages out there.

Go get thyself some apps for your Berry! Google has a boatload of tools for starters.

Look here for other great sites: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/bes...b-users-38711/

Give yourself 21 days. I'll guarantee you'll forget where you left your Treo...or why you cared.
    05-28-08 04:09 PM
    I had a Treo 755p and now a curve - everything on the BB is better, besides no MMS and the palm had a better sms setup
    05-28-08 04:15 PM
    I had a Treo 755p and now a curve - everything on the BB is better, besides no MMS and the palm had a better sms setup
    What did you like better about SMS on the Treo? (Just curious) I found it a little tedious actually. But then my Treo was polluted with the Motorola (Used to be Goodlink) Good Software.
    05-28-08 04:26 PM
    Everyone seems to be in love with their BB. Maybe it is a learning curve (no pun intended) and I just need more time.
    05-28-08 04:35 PM
    OK for starters, the Curve is smaller, lighter, (dare I say) sexier and there's BlackBerry messenger.

If you're bored with the theme, change it by selecting themes w/ different layout styles.

Have you looked on the internet from your BB?

What did you like about the Treo so much (not attacking you just trying to help you love but not LOOOOOOOOVE your Curve! )?
    The Treo just seemed logical to me. I had movies that I ripped and converted, tons of music, random alerts for reminders. I just understood it once it was in my hand. Kinda hard to explain, but it seems more difficult to do the same things on the BB.
    05-28-08 04:38 PM
    Everyone seems to be in love with their BB. Maybe it is a learning curve (no pun intended) and I just need more time.
    Not a learning Curve at all. There are some in love with it, and there is my admittedly small faction that see it as just a tool, albeit a great tool.

If you are going to love something, might I suggest something that breaths.

You can call me the BB Heretic.
    05-28-08 04:49 PM
    Not a learning Curve at all. There are some in love with it, and there is my admittedly small faction that see it as just a tool, albeit a great tool.

If you are going to love something, might I suggest something that breaths.

You can call me the BB Heretic.
    Since I'm always in front of a computer, I typically don't use the Treo/BB for web surfing. Also, maybe because my 52 year old eyes have trouble see all the small fonts. I have looked for Themes with larger fonts, but so far, can't find one I like. If anyone knows of a simple theme with larger fonts, please let me know where to get it.
    Thanks
    05-28-08 04:52 PM
    Since I'm always in front of a computer, I typically don't use the Treo/BB for web surfing. Also, maybe because my 52 year old eyes have trouble see all the small fonts. I have looked for Themes with larger fonts, but so far, can't find one I like. If anyone knows of a simple theme with larger fonts, please let me know where to get it.
    Thanks
    I feel you on the aging eyes, but being an Accountant, I've grown accustomed to reading really small type. Give it time, you'll get acclimated.
    05-28-08 04:56 PM
    Thanks
    I haven't looked, but here is the best resource I've found for free themes: Themes4BB.com| Free BlackBerry Themes| Multimedia For Your Berry
    05-28-08 04:58 PM
    Treo 755 user here. I love it. Unfortunately, I get bored. Was on the 700 for a year and tried the Pearl for about a month and then went to the 755p. Have been with it for about 6 months. Just bought a couple curves for some co workers and said what the heck and ordered myself one. Im hesitant, but really like some features the curve has to offer. Some things Im noticing right off the bat though is the lack of 3rd party apps. NAmely a good calender. If anyone here has ever used agendus or datebk6, then you know what Im talking about. The OEM calender on the curve is no where close. Hopefully I can find a good 3rd party out there. I will miss threaded sms. Also, I use ultrasoft money which syncs (not import/ export) flawelessly with my microsoft money. Again, Im looking for a 3rd party app that will do the same. Anyways, I use the heck out of my Treo other than just a phone or surfing and I hope the Curve will match or surpass. I can tell already that its phone quality seems better. I know BT will be better as will as email. But it those extras I use that I am concerned with.

As far as the original post goes, its definetly different and its just gonna take time.

If anyone has suggestions on my above concerns, any input will be appreciated even if you are a treo hater- LOL Thanks
    06-07-08 01:36 AM
    I came from the 680 and don't miss it a bit. I'm currently on an 8800 and yes, it took me a little time to become addicted, but now I've adjusted to the diferent style. There are tons of 3rd party apps that I'm sure a more knowledgible addict here can guide you to. Good Luck and welcome to CrackBerry!
    06-07-08 02:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD