I have download a few application into my blackberry 8820 but I can't seem to install it. Everytime when I try to install it, it keep saying I not connected to the internet. I know that I have internet on my blackberry because that how I download those application. any help would be great. Thank.
    05-30-08 09:32 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

It is not clear that you have a data plan, you might be using the Wifi Brower for the downloading applications.

If you do not have a BIS plan, very few third party apps will startup correctly.
    05-30-08 10:20 PM
    I do have data plan for my BB. I paid $19.99 for it from T-Mobile.
    05-30-08 10:58 PM
    it seem like beside the internet browser, no other application are able to connect to the internet. Any suggestion would be great.
    05-31-08 10:18 AM
    You may want to contact TMO sounds like a signal or network issue. Welcome to CB.
    05-31-08 10:25 AM
    I do have data plan for my BB. I paid $19.99 for it from T-Mobile.
    T-Mobile BlackBerry Plan

BlackBerry Internet Service Plans

Integrate up to 10 of your existing e-mail accounts and have your messages pushed right to your BlackBerry handheld. Choose a data-only plan with unlimited e-mail and Web browsing, or choose one of our bundled Minutes & Mail plans to add tons of Whenever Minutes�. to these great data features.
    This is the BlackBerry BIS plan, it provides you with the network connection that pushes email and allows third party applications call home.
    05-31-08 11:51 AM
    This is the BlackBerry BIS plan, it provides you with the network connection that pushes email and allows third party applications call home.
    I called T-Mobile and change it to the Blackberry BIS Plan and it work like a charm. Thank a lot.
    05-31-08 03:14 PM
    Enjoy

Before you load up too many apps, you should look into your memory management.

Clearing out the samples will leave plenty of room for new apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-08 04:25 PM
    cool, thank
    05-31-08 04:28 PM
    does this mean I cant download apps if i dont have a data plan from verizon?

also if i get the plan, download the apps and cancel will the apps work?
    05-31-08 07:12 PM
    From what I found out and experience, you could still install and use any apps as long as the apps don't use internet access. If the apps require internet access than you will need Blackberry data package (and not your carrier data package). apps like Mini Opera, Yahoo! Go and etc won't work without blackberry data package. hope that help.
    05-31-08 09:05 PM
    That is my experience too. I can download and install any third party app, but they will not initialize without BIS support.

The exceptions are rare, but the search continues.
    05-31-08 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD