I have set up an IMAP email server (Dovecot, with IMAP idle). When I connect the Blackberry, using BIS, I get the emails from the inbox OK initially. But then it starts re-copying the emails over and over again (appears to happen after an email comes in to Outlook, but not 100% sure that's the trigger). Within a day, it may show 400+ emails on the Blackberry. Everything else with the IMAP server appears OK (there are 4 different email accounts on the server, and everyone uses Outlook and sees the right # of emails). I looked to see if the X-UIDs were changing on the server, but they don't appear to be. Any thoughts on a solution or how to debug this further would be greatly appreciated (or does it sound like a BIS issue?)
    03-04-09 07:33 PM
    You most likely need to log into BIS and set up a filter to get this under control.

Been seeing this a lot lately and filtering was the recommendation.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 03-04-09 at 07:48 PM.
    03-04-09 07:45 PM
    I think I figured it out - it was a setting on my IMAP server. You can do mbox format or Maildir format. Apparently (at least in my case), mbox format makes the blackberry go crazy (I bet the message IDs keep changing in that format). I switched to Maildir format and it's working great (so far). Thanks!
    03-05-09 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD