Hi, well I've had my blackberry for almost 2 years now, and Im actually starting to want its features, lol. I tried to setup BBM but it wont let me. Also, I need to register it, but it doesnt wanna register it at all. I also cant setup my Yahoo Mail account at all, and idk if I can. Im super lost. lol Is there a way where i can get a step by step instruction on how to fully setup my BB?

BTW: If this helps: Blackberry Curve 8310 Titanium ATT Unlocked (by ATT), its running ATT but with the iPhone plan(i have a 3GS but battery sucks)
    12-07-09 11:04 PM
    Blackberrys need a blackberry plan and provisioning. The provisioning is the way the network allows the phone to connect to RIM. You need to do this to at least set up email on the BIS website. Provisioning also sends servicebooks and the host routing table so those applications work.
    12-07-09 11:05 PM
    So then that means that I need a blackberry plan? There is no way that I can avoid it and just use my iPhone plan?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 11:31 PM
    You can call in. One of my buddies with Rogers has a iphone but also uses a blackberry and switches between devices. He called in and explains what he was doing so the rep did something to his account so that his plan can be used both by blackberry and iphone. Give ATT a call and see if they can do something like that.

12-08-09 12:13 AM
    I believe ATT has recently joined the ranks of most other US carriers who require a BlackBerry data plan. But I'm on Verizon so what do I know :-) Just call your carrier and find out.

12-08-09 03:13 AM
    So if AT&T let's me use it on my Blackberry, will it cost me any extra per month?

12-08-09 07:39 AM
    depends on what your paying for your iphone plan, unlimited data/month is $30.00
    12-08-09 12:39 PM
    Yea I'm paying 30 for it. So I'd have to pay an extra 30 for Blackberry data?

12-08-09 01:23 PM
    You call up the provider and swap your data plans from iPhone to BlackBerry. You can't have a data plan for a phone that it wasn't intended for. Other than that, you need two contracts to use both phones. I'm not certain how AT&T works in regards to this, but Bell operates in this fashion.
    Last edited by xtort; 12-08-09 at 01:38 PM.
    12-08-09 01:33 PM
    Does it cost anything to swap plans?

12-08-09 03:11 PM
    it doesnt cost anything to swap. i dont know if they extend your contract.
    12-08-09 03:24 PM
    That's a good thing to hear ) lol I'm gonna try it later on and see if it works. Thanks!

12-08-09 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD