HELPPPPPP!!!!!!! I was doing the update, everything was going just fine, and then a message comes up that says the app loader could not restore my data, and then closed the install!!!! MY phone is bricked! Only a rectangle with a red line through it on the screen! What do I do!!!!
    02-15-08 11:06 PM
    Good luck! Are you still under warranty?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-08 11:11 PM
    Yes I am. So it's pretty much done right?
    02-15-08 11:13 PM
    Well, if you can get a brand new Blackberry, why go through the trouble of trying to reboot the one you have now.

02-15-08 11:15 PM
    Mine is only four months old and has been babied. I really can't go without my 'berry this time of year for very long. It actually lets me get out of the office at a decent time. How do I get this thing back up? It says the file is backed up, but I cannot get rid of this rectangle!
    02-15-08 11:17 PM
    Try to reinstall again, and if it doesn't work then you can get JLCommander and wipe the device and then reinstall the OS. Should work then. The price of these devices is so expensive, because everyone just says get a new one, so the carriers jack up the prices as the majority of problems are user related and not device error. Thanks for trying to fix on your own before contributing to this problem, and the reason to just not get anotheris then you have to go through the hassle of updating everything with your new pin as you can't keep your old one when you change devices (this especially can be a hassle if you are on BES as you have to get your admin to perform the swap and update of info for the new pin). My friend in Verizon tech said that 85-90 percent of the devices they get returned for problems is nothing wrong with the device, it is either third parrty software that was installed in correctly or the user changed something on the device, yet they have refurb it with a new casing and then reload the original software and test, hence the added expense, that gets passed on to the consumer in one way or another.
    Last edited by squeakr; 02-16-08 at 03:12 AM.
    02-16-08 03:09 AM
    Squeakr...thank you. I did get the OS back up and running, and spent the night getting it back to work. But it works now, and everything appears to be back to normal. This site is invaluable! Thank you again.
    02-16-08 07:36 AM
    Glad you got it working. Now that you have, create another backup - just in case...
    02-16-08 09:06 AM
    I agree naviwilliams. Backups are your friend.

02-16-08 09:25 AM
    Will do it. Please be patient with me as I go through this. Switched from a WM device, never thought I would like a BB.....NOW I CANNOT DO WITHOUT IT. This is by far the best mobile device, for what I need one for, I have ever used.
    02-16-08 09:58 AM
    Same here aboout caving to the BB ways. Alot still miss about WM, but love the stability of the BB compared and the ease of typing emails compared to the WM devices as the little added typing nuances are a great help.
    02-16-08 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD