my BB curve (8330) has gone silent. it will only viberate. i have tryed changing all my settings and ring tones etc. nothing works!! its like it just decided it wanted to be mute! won't even play any of my tones when i browse them! volume is up, tone is selected and nothing!! please help!!
    thanx,
    Jedimomma
    08-07-09 09:02 AM
    the same thing happened to me yesterday.. try taking out the battery and blowing on everything inside as well as it.. i know its not a explanitory fix but it worked for me. im just hoping its nothing important going on because my warranty just ran up
    08-07-09 09:11 AM
    That's weird. I was just at BestBuy swapping out my black blackberry for an orange one and a woman walked up with the same problem. Check the battery and see if the xxx's are smeared. That seems to have been what was wrong with hers and that means water damage. Other wise, it's got to be an issue within your profiles. Try going to profiles and scroll down to advance and the rest should be self explanatory. You'll then be able to change every aspect of sound of every notification the BB has.
    08-07-09 09:18 AM
    Yes in the profiles there is a setting with a checkbox something like "only for important calls " and I think that one setting could be wrong

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 09:44 AM
    Yup. That too. I found it tying to turn the volume up on my ringer because it was too low. The custom ringer that I had. But, the quality of the custom ringer that you are using matters, atleast on that subject, anyway.
    08-07-09 10:04 AM
    I have only had my 8330 for a week now and have had that problem a few times, and I have figured out that if you push the voice command buttom twice the volume usually comes back, I'm trying to figure out if it's a problem with the device or will be fixed with an upgrade.
    08-07-09 06:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD