Ok here goes... Ima diehard Blackberry owner, will not buy anything else, never had a problem til recently. Ive Already tried, New OS reinstall, JML commander, Nuked Blackberry tips/info, Basically anything that is posted in forums about fixing a dead Blackberry... IVE TRIED !!! Now I have an ***** question ??? Would a bad/non working LCD cause it to also not be recognized by device manager and my pc ????? I have the blinking red led of death and when i tried to do all the things listed in these forums it still will not even turn on the screen. Nada, Zippo, Zilch..... Im sorry if this is lengthy but Dangit I luv my 8310 Curve and don't wanna toss it. ANY help will be appreciated !!!! But.... please spare me the "did i do this/that" questions. If it's been posted I've tried it and still nothing. Thanks again
    03-24-10 01:51 AM
    1)try bbsak to wipe the device... reload os.
    2)Try a different USB port
    3)Reinstall DM

Kinda your 3 options.
    03-24-10 02:13 AM
    What happened to cause this dead BB? If you say it fell in a pool or something, then it's dead.

Did you try the nuked BB procedure in my sig, especially the part about removing the battery initially to get the PIN detected by DM?
    03-24-10 02:14 AM
    And no, even if you had a bad LCD display, the PIN would be detected by DM and you would be able reload the OS on the device.
    03-24-10 02:17 AM
    Well I tried the Nuked BB info from start to finish, at least where it stopped on the 2nd motion to initialize but didn't... then said device not detected unplug and start again, which i did 3 times. Didn't really understand CLEARLY whether i should be doing this with or without the battery installed after I've connected the USB ??? And I wish I could say it fell in water but... NOPE, no water damage at all... in fact the sticker is still white, it just quit working about 1 month ago and only found this site kinda recently. Since then I've relied on my trusty 8120 Pearl Ok... 2nd and 3rd questions now... Should I use the BBSAK to do a total wipe then try to reinstall the T-Mobile OS ????? Or..... try an OS posted in a sticky like the UK 02 version ??? As always any and all help is appreciated !!! Will check back later after i cool my jets...Lol
    03-24-10 04:33 PM
    You need to follow the nuked BB procedure exactly, try a couple of times till it works, especially this part in step #2:

Tip: The USB-PIN:UNKNOWN option will display for a few seconds when the BlackBerry is first connected/flashing its LED in red. With a Nuked BlackBerry, That occurs when the device is in the initial start-up part of it's reboot sequence. The easiest way to get that to happen (vs. waiting for that step in the reboot sequence where you have a tenth of a second to hit Next before you lose your chance) is to simply pull the battery from the BlackBerry. With the battery pulled, connect the BlackBerry to the USB connector and as SOON as you see USB-PIN:UNKNOWN hit Next. You have to be quick still, but using this method you are in control of the timing. From there you can put the battery back in and battery cover back on (Make Sure you install the battery or else when the OS update is completing and the device disconnects from the computer to reboot, it will lose the power provided by the USB connection and you will get an error and have to do it all over again!).

** If you don't get it right the first time, try again (unplug from USB, pull battery, connect and hit Next while USB-PIN:Unknown is showing). You have to be fast and the timing is key, so it may take you three or four tries.
    03-24-10 04:45 PM
    just tried the bbsak thingy... it wont even start in any version... OK, ima try the nuked thing one more time. Then... guess it's garbage or highway time... hehe lol Thank you 4 your patience tho
    03-24-10 06:22 PM
    You may find more ideas in these threads:

Force Load an OS

Multi Stage Loading Operation Problem

Installing the OS when the PC Won't Recognize the Device

USB Problem

USB Connection Problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-10 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD