Over the past few days, I keep getting an intermittent hour glass while I am working in e-mail, sms messaging and very often while I am using the bberry browser. This has not happened before. I was running BerryWeather in the background, I turned that off. I have no open applications other than the standard ones. I have run Quickpull several times to see if it is simply a memory leak, I have 19,382 free memory. I don�t think it�s a memory issue.

Anyone have any ideas? I am fresh out. I have not updated the OS or anything else. I am running stock 4.5.0.77 Verizon build.
    10-27-09 03:21 PM
    19 MB is kind of low for an 8330. Do you have a memory card? If you do, make sure all your media (pics, ringtones, videos, etc) are on it.

If you have hundreds or thousands of email/SMS messages, then it is time to delete the old stuff.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 04:17 PM
    If you have a memory card remove it, leave it out,and see if your rebooting goes away...
    10-27-09 04:17 PM
    If you have a memory card remove it, leave it out,and see if your rebooting goes away...

Good idea, I've seen many corrupted media cards the last couple months...
    10-27-09 04:20 PM
    Yes, memory card issues are very common.

Normally, that would be my first suggestion as well.

We'll see if the OP responds about why their file free is so low on an 8330. They might not have a memory card at all.

10-27-09 04:29 PM
    They might not have a memory card at all.
    Very true, could be the reason for the hourglass. Pics average 1mg a piece, that's pretty tough on device memory...
    10-27-09 04:32 PM
    That helped! My memory is back up to 21.3 I am going to figure out what processes are eating up the memory so quickly. I wonder if Berryweather is doing it.
    10-27-09 04:45 PM
    After a little more research, after you all pointed out about the meda card, I reformatted it to see what would happen. Still seeing a few hour glasses. I didn't delete the .dat files they mentioned. So back at it!

Thanks again!

10-27-09 07:10 PM
    Second reformat and battery pull and my Berry is working fine.

10-27-09 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD