I have never been able to figure this one out. Im sure its simple. Anyways, I have always installed 3rd party apps via OTA. How do I it through my desktop. I though I launch application loader, I clicked on browse. Found the file (alx), and I double click and get a msg, something like no additional files designed for your application have been found.

Can someone please help me out here. Thanks
    06-22-08 04:00 PM
    You need to download the same OS version that is on your BB, then install it onto your PC. Then the app loader will work for you.

Get it here -

BlackBerry® Software Updates
    06-22-08 04:02 PM
    Ok, thanks. I will try it. I downloaded the new 4.5 desktop, but you are saying I should be using 4.3 since that is what my curve is- correct? I had the pearl back in january only for 30 days before going back to my treo and remember having the same problem. That time, I downloaded the desktop that came with the phone from the disc. Anyways, I will give it a shot. Thanks!
    06-22-08 10:16 PM
    Not the DM, the OS for your device. It needs to be installed on the PC as well. DM 4.5 is fine.
    06-22-08 10:18 PM
    Read this thread -
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/expl...e-found-15204/
    06-22-08 10:21 PM
    Im not getting it. I went to the link. I followed it to verizon site and redownloaded what I already had on my pc. Some users talked about a download for the pc and device, but I only saw pc. I downloaded it and still the same. Again Im using vzw. Any ideas?
    06-23-08 04:31 PM
    You need three things on your PC.

1). Desktop Manager v4.5 - this you have
    2) The Verizon Operating System for your 8330 which you can get here BlackBerry® Software Updates. Choose the software for the 8330.
    These two products must be installed on your PC as applications.

3). the application you wish to install. This must be unzipped and in a folder and there must be a .alx file.

Onec all this is done, run DM 4.5 and connect you phone to the PC. Launch Application Loader, select Add / Remove Applications, Start and click Browse, select your application and follow the prompts.

This should do it. If not then there is something else wrong and we will fix that too.
    06-23-08 06:22 PM
    You need three things on your PC.

1). Desktop Manager v4.5 - this you have
    2) The Verizon Operating System for your 8330 which you can get here BlackBerry® Software Updates. Choose the software for the 8330.
    These two products must be installed on your PC as applications.

3). the application you wish to install. This must be unzipped and in a folder and there must be a .alx file.

Onec all this is done, run DM 4.5 and connect you phone to the PC. Launch Application Loader, select Add / Remove Applications, Start and click Browse, select your application and follow the prompts.

This should do it. If not then there is something else wrong and we will fix that too.
    After I download the VZW operating sytem and run the file, I connected my BB and it does not get reconized anymore. The DM shows NONE connected now. Before the download, it was syncing fine. Getting very fustrated!!
    06-23-08 06:56 PM
    Well, after the download, I reinstalled the DM form the disc that came with the phone (v4.3) and everything sync again. Yeah!! And when I open application loader, there are new items in the list, BUT..... still no luck! I hit add> double clicked on Splashmoney.alx file and I still get that msg!! What am I doing wrong
    06-23-08 08:13 PM
    YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH- reconnected right now and it worked!!!!!!! THanks- Yes I feel like an *****. wha wha wah waaaahhhhhhhh
    06-23-08 08:16 PM
    One more quick question, Oh and BTW Thanks To the both of you..

Even though my curve is 4.3, can I use 4.5 DM??
    06-23-08 08:17 PM
    One more quick question, Oh and BTW Thanks To the both of you..

Even though my curve is 4.3, can I use 4.5 DM??
    Yes. DM version and the OS version do not have to match
    06-23-08 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD