yeah, once it starts loading the new software, don't touch or move anything on your PC, your USB cable or your Blackberry... touch nothing, for an hour. That way you won't mess up the USB connection while its doing the upload of the new OS to your device.

You should follow this practice any time you are uploading software to a device... don't tamper or move anything until the upload is complete.

The other thing is do a Search, and if there is some direct instruction you don't know how to do in the directions, ask only after doing a search on the procedure. Some of the folks here forget that us old folks are dumb as dirt on Accronyms and computer lingo, or assume that everyone that owns a BB is a Nerd and PC literate. Don't' get me wrong, there's a ton of knowledge and BB guru's here, it's just that some of us are mere mortals that aren't familiar with every nook and cranny on a BB as the guru's are and it's tough to have effective communication with all the devices involved and software programing for the various machines involved.
    Last edited by buttnugget; 12-13-08 at 08:31 PM.
    12-13-08 08:25 PM
    jl_cmdr is amazing. I updated my 8310 several times without a problem and when I tried to update my buddies 8330, the OS only went about halfway. I followed the directions that SirDes gave you the link to and I cured his berry.

After a few heart stopping minutes of attempting the jl_cmder, you're back in business.
    12-13-08 08:30 PM
    Yeah jl_cmdr is great. If something goes wrong, you know you can always wipe to a clean slate and start over with an OS upgrade
    12-13-08 08:31 PM
    Rachel.. I just did the thing in this
    BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

and now my BB is cleared out..All 100 of my contacts..all memo, all 3rd part programs..I need to get these back QUICK..IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO GET THEM BACK??
    12-13-08 09:21 PM
    Why two threads? You just said the same thing here, there is no need to double post: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/wil...load-os-115115
    12-13-08 09:23 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD