Ok, here's the situation:

I thought I would do my sister a favor by upgrading her Sprint 8330 to the latest OS.

I backed up her phone using my Desktop Manager 5.0

I then used "Update Software" to automatically find the latest updates(OS 4.5) and clicked next for all.

When everything was finished installing, all changes seemed to be fine BUT all of her splash data, including splashmoney, splashid, and splashshopper was gone. The applications are there, but its asking for a registration number like she's a new user.

What can I do?? Should I downgrade the OS and use the backup file that I created?

Something you should know about my sister: She NEVER backs up her phone, so all of her info is on her device and nowhere else. But I did backup the phone before upgrading it.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...I thought I was doing her a favor
    08-19-09 03:37 PM
    Its not ruined, find out where she got the apps from & request a new reg #

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-09 03:41 PM
    getting the registration # is not a problem, but when it's entered, will the data/info be there??

I've never used Splash, so I'm not sure how it works and how the info is stored.
    08-19-09 03:47 PM
    FYI, the regular backup file doesn't restore third party apps and their data/settings.

The loaderbackup.ipd file might though. Use that to try and restore your sister's BB.
    08-19-09 03:48 PM
    Its not ruined, find out where she got the apps from & request a new reg #

Agreed. Downgrading the OS will not bring back the registration numbers. Its the same back up file no matter what OS you have loaded. You have to think of it like this: You bought a computer program that required a product key to activate. When you bought a new PC, you loaded that program on it and would have to re-enter the product key on the new computer. You didn't ruin the computer or the program, but you need to re-install the program.

May not be the perfect analogy, but it works for this situation. The Splash program thinks it was re-installed on a new computer and you just need to re-enter the registration numbers.
    08-19-09 03:53 PM
    FYI, the regular backup file doesn't restore third party apps and their data/settings.

The loaderbackup.ipd file might though. Use that to try and restore your sister's BB.
    would you mind explaining how I go about this? If you get me pointed in the direction, I should be able to figure the rest out...
    08-19-09 03:55 PM
    Agreed. Downgrading the OS will not bring back the registration numbers. Its the same back up file no matter what OS you have loaded. You have to think of it like this: You bought a computer program that required a product key to activate. When you bought a new PC, you loaded that program on it and would have to re-enter the product key on the new computer. You didn't ruin the computer or the program, but you need to re-install the program.

May not be the perfect analogy, but it works for this situation. The Splash program thinks it was re-installed on a new computer and you just need to re-enter the registration numbers.
    Thanks, point well-taken. Perhaps I was a bit dramatic in the subject line,lol. I should have said "Help, I lost my sister's splash info!!" But because that app is the main function of her BB, it's almost like ruining it if I can't get her banking history, id's, etc. back....
    08-19-09 03:59 PM

would you mind explaining how I go about this? If you get me pointed in the direction, I should be able to figure the rest out...
    Go to Backup/Restore. Click on Restore and browse to your Documents folder. Look for the loaderbackup(date).ipd file and click on Open. Apploader should give you a list of apps to restore to your BB. Click Next.

That's generally about how it goes, more or less. Hopefully, the third party apps are in that file.
    08-19-09 04:00 PM
    Go to Backup/Restore. Click on Restore and browse to your Documents folder. Look for the loaderbackup(date).ipd file and click on Open. Apploader should give you a list of apps to restore to your BB. Click Next.

That's generally about how it goes, more or less. Hopefully, the third party apps are in that file.
    oh ok, I tried that, no cigar. Thanks anyway.

Still open to any more suggestions...
    08-19-09 04:36 PM
    Maybe your sister wrote down the registration # somewhere??
    08-19-09 05:25 PM
    Maybe your sister wrote down the registration # somewhere??
    Why can't people read. The registration number isn't the issue. The DATA IS.
    08-19-09 06:26 PM
    Why can't people read. The registration number isn't the issue. The DATA IS.

Yup, the data is what I need back. The more research I do, the bleaker the outcome looks...

08-19-09 09:02 PM
    Yeah, have you told her yet? I think you are SOL. Sorry man.

08-19-09 10:47 PM
    Yeah, have you told her yet? I think you are SOL. Sorry man.

Thanks. Haven't told her yet, trying to make sure there's absolutely nothing that can be done. She's gonna flip out.
    08-19-09 11:35 PM
    Sounds like this is an issue for... OOPS! MAN!

Umm.... you say oops, and your sister says awww, MAN!
    08-19-09 11:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD