Hi everyone, I bought my Curve maybe an hour ago. It is charging and will be overnight. Tomorrow morning on my bus ride, I plan on reading through the manual and setting things up.

Any pointers I should take into consideration before I do or don't do something and screw it up?

Also, as far as battery charging, is this anything like the iPod that IF you charge it through the USB/computer, it will eat your battery because it doesn't stop charging? I plan not to but an emergency might come up where I'll need to.
    12-20-07 09:59 PM
    Hi everyone, I bought my Curve maybe an hour ago. It is charging and will be overnight. Tomorrow morning on my bus ride, I plan on reading through the manual and setting things up.

Any pointers I should take into consideration before I do or don't do something and screw it up?

Also, as far as battery charging, is this anything like the iPod that IF you charge it through the USB/computer, it will eat your battery because it doesn't stop charging? I plan not to but an emergency might come up where I'll need to.
    Well 1st off many computers will not charge the BB through the USB port (at least from me experiences)
    I recommend you get your self into the habit of backing up your blackberry through the desktop manager application at least once a week.
    I recommend that your purchase Jivetalk BeeJive :: JiveTalk mobile messenger - instant messaging to go *$19.99 if you like to talk on Msn, yahoo, aim, icq, myspace messenger, and gmail. (it provides you the ability to be on all the messenger services at 1 time and have all your messenger contacts as to where with the default aim, yahoo, gmail...etc have 30 buddy lists.
    check out Bplay: BlackBerry Games - BlackBerry Themes - BlackBerry Entertainment if looking for themes for your phone.
    if u want a customer sticker skin for your phone. Skinit.com
    cases- CrackBerry.com – The #1 Site for BlackBerry Users & Abusers
    Viigo isnt bad if u want to read like top stories. i believe that website to get that is Viigo - Living Life Untethered
    beyond411 is also very nice i love it cuz i just type in what im looking for and it brings up all the available options and its really up to date from what i can tell. being some of the informations its brought up isnt even in my yellowpages phonebook.

well i hope this is some assistance.
    12-20-07 10:26 PM
    First of all, start playing with your berry now! Today's Lithium Ion batteries do not have a memory like the batteries of the past. You do not have to charge to 100% or "condition" the battery before using it.

Furthermore, my berry does charge when connected to the PC and it doesn't hurt it.

Do not be worried about batteries. It is pretty hard to damage the batteries of today's electronics. They are so cheap nowadays anyway so even if it eventually did go dead, you could probably replace it for <$30
    12-20-07 10:31 PM
    PS as for tips on how to begin, check the links in my signature.

Have fun with the new BlackBerry!

-Trevor
    12-20-07 10:33 PM
    Thanks a lot for you replies and thanks for the links to those sites. The person at AT&T had told me to purchase the JiveTalk and I think I might have read it here.
    12-21-07 07:51 AM
    Also search for stinsonsdogs tips

They can be found at blackberryforums.com invaluable info!

To charge from usb on computer it has to be a powered usb port and desktop manager needs to be installed! Has no adverse effect on your battery

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-07 08:43 AM
    Also search for stinsonsdogs tips

They can be found at blackberryforums.com invaluable info!

To charge from usb on computer it has to be a powered usb port and desktop manager needs to be installed! Has no adverse effect on your battery

well lol that explains why it works from me on my home computer with the desktop manager but not on any of my work computers that are not integrated with my BB desktop software..
    12-21-07 08:53 AM
    Whoa. This going to take some time to get used to but atleast I made it to this site on my BB!!! All of the options to change the message appear underneath each other so I have a ton of scrolling downward to do. I'm gonna look into that opera program. Thanks again

12-21-07 09:24 AM
    I just swapped from a pearl to the curve....

This site helped a lot!!!

12-22-07 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD