Ok When I try to back up my berry it says "data not recognized by device." How do I fix this?

Other questions:
    1. What happens if I wipe my berry?
    2. I have Google sync on my device, but can I get my berry to sync with Google through my dm like I did with yahoo?

Thanks!
    05-28-08 08:59 PM
    You actually have 3, so here we go:

Data not recognized sounds like you don't have the Operating System installed on your computer. If you dont you can get it here

If you wipe your device, it erases everything on it and resets it to an "out of the box" state

The Google thing, I have no idea.
    05-28-08 09:04 PM
    Ok Thanks. Now I have 4.5, so will it go back to when I installed 4.5, or will it go way back to the original os if i wipe it? Im thinking that it will go back to 4.5 but im not sure.

P.S. The help part was the data problem and the 2 other questions were in addition to that.
    05-28-08 09:09 PM
    Also, is there a a program that will give my bb free html email? Ive been looking nothing found so far
    05-28-08 09:11 PM
    Have you installed the BlackBerry Wallet?

That is the message I got when I tried to run backup. The fix is simple, delete it and wait for v1.1

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-08 09:12 PM
    Ok Thanks. Now I have 4.5, so will it go back to when I installed 4.5, or will it go way back to the original os if i wipe it? Im thinking that it will go back to 4.5 but im not sure.

P.S. The help part was the data problem and the 2 other questions were in addition to that.
    It will go back to 4.2 but you must uninstall 4.5 in order for it to do so.
    Go to the control panel and uninstall 4.5 from there.

After that when you open DM and connect your BB, you will see it say downgrade on the BB apps.
    05-28-08 09:12 PM
    Also, is there a a program that will give my bb free html email? Ive been looking nothing found so far
    There is no free app I know of, but BBSmart and Empower both have free trials, and both are well worth their respective costs.
    I use Empower, and could not imagine my BB without it.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 05-28-08 at 09:18 PM.
    05-28-08 09:16 PM
    Well I don't have bb wallet installed, but it is probably not having the os installed on my computer. My last question with the wipe, What would be the point of doing that other than restoring your device to the original state? I don't know how I have had my bb for over 2 months and not played around with the security settings. Please forgive me if these questions are obvious or dumb I appreciate all your help.
    05-28-08 09:21 PM
    Ok thanks, Ill go get the free trial of empower right now.
    05-28-08 09:22 PM
    Ok thanks, Ill go get the free trial of empower right now.
    You will love it, I'm sure.
    Let me know what you think.
    05-28-08 09:26 PM
    I will. Ill test it tomorrow.
    05-28-08 10:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD