I fell in the water with my blackberry curve 8330 and now I can't retreive any of my contacts, or my calendar. I dried it well and tried the fix they have on this website but I can't make it work for me. The keyboard lights up and the phone is actually blinking green but the screen is black. For some reason my PC won't recognize the phone when I plug it into a USB port, does that mean it really is Kaput? I hope not, I have about 10 years worth of contacts on the darn thing!

ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE VERY VERY GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Randy
    08-16-10 06:41 PM
    Have you backed it up on Desktop Manager recently? If not you should have.
    08-16-10 06:54 PM
    Just a thought but when I dropped my phone into the lake we immediately turned it off removed the battery and tried to see if it would work the next day. The phone start up but the screen wouldn't go, although when in a certain light I was able to see that it was on the home screen. I plugged it in and got the contacts out and all was well. Just sharing a personal story.
    08-16-10 06:59 PM
    I dropped my 8830 World Edition in sauce @ work . Even w/an Otter Box phone guard on it was done for . I quickly took the guard off , pulled the battery & dried everything ! I tried it the next day made it made no difference , my 8830 was a brick .
    From past phone accidents , I now keep a hard copy of my contacts & pics on my pc . I also back up my BB on BM every start of the month .
    Though my 8830 WE was shot , I was able to fully upload my phone bk & pics from my pc via BM after getting a new 8330 .
    If you'll ever able to fully open your BB please post how you accomplished your task . I'd love to see this one solved .
    Good Luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-10 11:49 PM
    I think the USB port and screen is fried, buy a new one, or repair. Keep a backup of your ENTIRE BlackBerry, every month, so any contacts or apps you get will stay updated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-10 12:40 AM
    Google Sync is your friend. Keeps a backup of your contacts and calendar safe and secure without having to think about it.
    08-17-10 10:29 AM
    Also, it's usually a better idea to leave the Berry alone, battery out, for 48 hours before attempting to turn it back on.
    08-17-10 10:47 AM
    It still has moisture in it. Take rice and phone and place in plastic ziplock baggy. Let sit for couple days, the rice will collect moisture and dry out the phone. Plz note to remove battery and leave back cover off during the drying.
    I had to do this after mine fell in sink full of dish water. It works great now!!
    08-20-10 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD