Hi there,

I have done a search and I can't figure out from any past posts how to do this....

I have a Curve 8300 and I installed the software that came in the box with it.

All I want to do is transfer some emails or even just memo's from the BB on to my computer so they can be printed off or stored, etc.

The desktop manager doesn't seem to work at all, it says it's connected. I tried it on both my computers and after installing it seems to error at everything I try. Even the media manager errors and keeps asking me for DAO.msi and saying it's trying to configure DAO. keeps loading this thing over and over and fails, and 1 out of 10 times the Roxio media manager will load up anyways, but I don't want media!! I want to access my emails and memos on the phone!

I installed a mini SD card in the phone and when i plug in the phone I can transfer MEDIA back and forth between the card and it works fine on the phone, but I can't seem to figure out if there is any way to put memos or emails on the card instead??

someone please help, I'm about to smash this thing.

thanks
    02-03-08 07:42 PM
    okay so I played around with this sync function a bit, and checked off "sychronise organizer data" then went to configure sync and checked off memo pad and it shows the options: "ASCII importer/exporter, lotus notes, lotus organizer, microsoft outlook, novel groupwise 6, yahoo!" I have no clue what any of these programs are (other than outlook and yahoo, both of which i do NOT use)

Can't I simply just transfer a memo from the berry onto the computer in a text format or something ?

also I don't see any option for emails?

thanks for any replies.....
    02-03-08 08:21 PM
    ASCII means text format. The synchronize function will dump all of your memo pad entries into one text (ASCII) file. You can then open that file and cut and paste from it as needed.

In the case of email, you'd normally have an email account that can be accessed both from the BlackBerry and from your computer, so there is no need to export emails from the BlackBerry itself. You can always forward emails to a computer-accessible account too.

Memos and emails from the native applications don't go on the card at all. They have to go in the internal memory. It's probably possible to write a program that would put memos on the card, but I don't know of one.

As for your Desktop Program errors, make sure that you are using the version that goes with the operating system on your BlackBerry. You can find that in Options>About. The version will be something like v4.3.0.65. The first three numbers are the important ones. Some help on missing msi files: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...185721033.aspx (more likely to be your problem than the wrong version).

Whatever you do, don't smash your BlackBerry!
    02-03-08 10:22 PM
    thanks, got what I needed from the ASCII option, appreciate you taking the time to help!!
    02-04-08 02:28 AM
    ASCII means text format. The synchronize function will dump all of your memo pad entries into one text (ASCII) file. You can then open that file and cut and paste from it as needed.

Memos and emails from the native applications don't go on the card at all. They have to go in the internal memory. It's probably possible to write a program that would put memos on the card, but I don't know of one.
    Is there a utility that can copy memos from internal memory to the MicroSD card without having to connect to the Desktop Manager? I can't even find the memos anywhere using the file Explorer in the Media application. They must be hidden somewhere.
    04-13-08 10:49 PM
    Blackberry 8320 transfer memopad to pc without outlook?
    Hello I am trying to tranfer my memo pad from my blackberry to the pc so i can then transfer it to my nokia e 71
    I cant sms it over or anything becuz it is WAY to long
    Plus i want a copy on my pc
    I do not have outlook i know to do it with out look
    but my problem is i dont have it and i dont know how to download it for just that.. i tired but they ask for a product key .. PLEASE HELP ME =(

Or you can tell me how to put my memo pads on a micro sd card.. anything please..
    11-24-08 10:14 PM
    Idk about memo pads. But for photos music etc I like mass storage mode

Kev

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 10:40 PM
    =( aww man... anyone else..
    thanks though =)
    11-25-08 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD