Ok. I am very very new to Blackberry. And not terribly computer savvy. Can someone please dumb it down for me and explain how I can transfer music from my I Tunes account or library to my 8330 Curve. I downloaded the software to my PC, but can't figure it out from there. Have mercy! Please help.

Thanks in advance!

JRS
    05-29-08 01:50 PM
    all you need to do is go to your itunes library on your computer. normally found in the my documents folder, music, itunes, itunes music. if you have a memory card in your berry, make sure to format the card. you can do this by going into the options menu, then media card, next hit the bb button, to the left of the trackball if you are looking directly at the screen, and select format card. this creates the folders you'll need for the next step. now make sure that you enable mass storage mode support on the media card menu. now connect your berry to your laptop with a usb cable. dont open up the desktop manager. a popup should show that will let you view the contents of the media card (normally the last option). click on it, and you'll see a blackberry folder, double click, and you'll see 4 folders lableld music, pictures, ringtones, and video. double click on the music folder. now it should be empty. now go back to your itunes music folder, and copy and paste whatever music you want into the music folder of your berry. once its done, make sure to x out of everything. use the safely remove hardware icon on the bottom right of the taskbar, and select whatever drive letter is assigned to the berry. you should see something saying its safe to remove the hardware. no just unplub the bb from the computer and you should be good to go. go into media, then music, then show all, and your music should be there. now, i dont think you can make playlists with the current software version, so thats the only limit.
    05-29-08 02:08 PM
    Music as you get it from itunes is protected. You need to convert it to mp3 to use it on your phone. I just burn an audio CD from within iTunes, then rip the music back off of the CD to mp3 format, which can be placed directly on your phone media card and played...
    05-29-08 02:17 PM
    so i followed your tips to transfer music to my blackberry from my itunes...for some reason I only was able to transfer one song. Any idea why?
    07-02-08 02:16 PM
    Can this be done on a Mac? I have yet to hook my BB up to my computer.
    07-02-08 02:24 PM
    so i followed your tips to transfer music to my blackberry from my itunes...for some reason I only was able to transfer one song. Any idea why?
    Do you have a Media Card ?
    07-02-08 02:27 PM
    you mean you were only able to drag and drop one song? or only one transferred over? as mentioned above, you do have a memory card right? i'm sure you do as you would have had an issue following the above steps! lol did you purchase most of your songs from the itunes store? if so that could be why they arent transferring over. the music cant be straight from the itunes store. it can only be normal drm free mp3's
    07-02-08 02:36 PM
    Contact me if none of these posts helped you and I will walk you through it....

Good Luck!!
    07-02-08 02:37 PM
    doesnt Itunes have a DRM free page of music with no DRM? or am I crazy?
    07-02-08 05:31 PM
    I have an 8330 curve and have purchased an 8 gig card for my phone. When I put music on it I find that most of the music will show up, but some of it will not. Does anyone know any tricks so that I can use all 8 gigs?
    07-26-08 06:55 AM
    Music as you get it from itunes is protected. You need to convert it to mp3 to use it on your phone. I just burn an audio CD from within iTunes, then rip the music back off of the CD to mp3 format, which can be placed directly on your phone media card and played...
    Awsome this method will work.

There is another option to save time though and costs of CD's. Research for software that will convert iTunes to MP3. One that I know is called tunebite. I use this and it works well.
    07-26-08 07:34 AM
    Thanks for the info!!!! it worked!! Awesome!!
    07-26-08 09:48 AM
    all you need to do is go to your itunes library on your computer. normally found in the my documents folder, music, itunes, itunes music. if you have a memory card in your berry, make sure to format the card. you can do this by going into the options menu, then media card, next hit the bb button, to the left of the trackball if you are looking directly at the screen, and select format card. this creates the folders you'll need for the next step. now make sure that you enable mass storage mode support on the media card menu. now connect your berry to your laptop with a usb cable. dont open up the desktop manager. a popup should show that will let you view the contents of the media card (normally the last option). click on it, and you'll see a blackberry folder, double click, and you'll see 4 folders lableld music, pictures, ringtones, and video. double click on the music folder. now it should be empty. now go back to your itunes music folder, and copy and paste whatever music you want into the music folder of your berry. once its done, make sure to x out of everything. use the safely remove hardware icon on the bottom right of the taskbar, and select whatever drive letter is assigned to the berry. you should see something saying its safe to remove the hardware. no just unplub the bb from the computer and you should be good to go. go into media, then music, then show all, and your music should be there. now, i dont think you can make playlists with the current software version, so thats the only limit.
    im afraid to format my media card because when i begin to do so a warning pops up on the screen of my berry that says "are you sure you want to format your media card, all contents saved on it will be destroyed" is there any other way to download music without destroying whats already saved on my card??
    12-11-09 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD