I was downloading slacker radio and during that process i dropped my phone and battery fell out. I put it back and all i get is message "JVM error 547 flash write failed" Scroll down for avaialable commands. So far each command Ive chosen does nothing. Any ideas???
    03-29-09 09:24 AM
    Sounds like the phone is bricked. You will most likely have to reload the OS. I checked RIMS technical data base and found no info on this. Sorry to hear this happened.
    03-29-09 09:30 AM
    Try taking the sim card out and starting it back up. Then if it starts take the battery back out and put sim back in.
    03-29-09 09:53 AM
    Try taking the sim card out and starting it back up. Then if it starts take the battery back out and put sim back in.
    WOW rip, great theory. OP when you try this let us know if this works.
    03-29-09 10:06 AM
    It happened to me once when I dropped mine real hard. I dont know if I got lucky. Later I saw others were trying to use jl_cmdr and wipe then reload but didnt seem like anyone got it fixed. They wound up getting the device replaced.
    I figure its worth a shot at least.
    03-29-09 10:14 AM
    I just got off the phone with a RIM rep helped me with my frozen 8320! I tried to wipe and reload my device using my pc but would not read the device. The rep had me take out the battery, hook up the device to the usb, to my pc use my dm and run app loader. with the battery still out i was able to wipe the device. Once complete I was told to reinstall the battery and restore the software. Now I'm up and running thanks to RIM!! Lucky I always back up my device it is always a good reminder to back up all info and third party apps at least once a week. You never know what may happen!
    03-29-09 12:23 PM
    Glad you got it up and going.
    03-29-09 12:29 PM
    I had a similar problem when my phone was brand new. It turned out the T-Mobile rep in Dallas failed to secure the SIM card holder & it was loose! So I took it out & reinserted now it works just fine. You might want to try this for yourself, hope it all works out for you!
    03-29-09 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD