Can anyone please help me? I'm having a difficult to fix my curve. It says Device Error : 394
    and it has a reset button on the bottom.

If I press reset, it keeps on restarting.. over and over again..

I tried so many ways before, start from using the JL Commander, and then the loader nojvm_.. and I feel like giving it up..

Oh yeah, some forum says before we start the DM, we should press S-T-A-R-T on the curve's keyboard. Yes, I DID IT. But then.. the problem changed. It says Device Error : 494
    And if I press the reset button again, it turns out to be Device Error : 394 again!

What the heck is going on with my blackberry?

I brought it to a store, and they said it should change the usb-port or somethin' else I don't know.. fck it!

So please.. is there anyone that can really help me..? I'm wishing so hard that my blackberry would be normal again..

01-01-09 12:02 AM
    This is unque. do not see any info the MFG database for these errors. I will keep looking and if I find anything I will post here. Sorry this has hapened and hope it will get fixed
    01-01-09 12:13 AM

bump!

So that everyone can see my thread and help that someone would help me fix my curve

01-01-09 12:13 AM
    This is unque. do not see any info the MFG database for these errors. I will keep looking and if I find anything I will post here. Sorry this has hapened and hope it will get fixed
    Ya.. thanks.. that's why.. I've been searching all over the internet and the results? NONE!
    01-01-09 12:14 AM
    Bottom line and I am sure other will agree with me (I hope), the OS will need to be re-installed.
    01-01-09 12:19 AM
    I have the same issue..and i did the same!!
    And when I reinstalled the OS, I get a message telling me that there's no connection with the device.

In fact, this error appeared when I was trying to reinstalled the OS because before it, my BB was restarting in a never-ending cycle.

I'm suspecting that the battery has something to do in here, cause when i bought the new one, the problems began. And I put the new battery in a new curve (the last ver), and it starts to freeze, reorganized the contacts for like 3 minutes...and some more things, that happened in the old one till it started to reboot showing the sandwatch..Fotunately, this hasn't happen yet in the new one.

When I went to my carrier, the told me that the fix will cost me like $200...so..please! help! what should we do?
    Last edited by wari; 01-03-09 at 04:43 PM.
    01-03-09 04:29 PM
    Most errors of this nature are some type of a corruption to the OS. If a reinstall of the OS cannot be accomplished, then the device will need to be replaced.

IF you have insurance great!, if not you are at the mercy of what you carrier charges for a replacement, or buy on line, or third party. Buyer beware when buying on line or third party.
    01-03-09 04:38 PM
    i guess its safe to say when you get error 394 the phone is toast?

cause i have it on my pearl, tryed using MML, and Loader, nothing, gets stuck when reconnecting back to JVM the MML finishes perfect, but to reconnect back wont work!!
    01-08-09 01:14 AM
    hey gucci_playa i see you posted on my blog well heres what i found you can try for your 394 error
    Resolution
    Resolution 1

Perform a hard reset on the handheld. See Support Knowledge Base Article KB-02141.
    Resolution 2

Erase and reload the data on the BlackBerry device.

1. In BlackBerry Desktop Manager, use the Backup and Restore tool to create a backup file of the data on your BlackBerry device. For instructions, see “Back up handheld information” in the Desktop Manager Online Help.

Warning: The following steps will erase the data on the BlackBerry device.
    2. In BlackBerry Desktop Manager, double-click theApplication Loader icon.
    3. Click Next. The Handheld Application Selection window appears.
    4. Verify that the correct applications are selected, then clickNext.
    5. Click Advanced.
    6. Select the option for Erase all application data and Erase all currently installed applications, then clickNext.
    7. Click Finish. The data on the BlackBerry device is erased, while the operating system and applications are reloaded onto the BlackBerry device.
    8. Use the Backup and Restore tool to restore to the BlackBerry device the data saved in the backup file. For instructions, see “Restore handheld information” in theDesktop Manager Online Help.
    01-08-09 04:43 AM
    Can anyone please help me? I'm having a difficult to fix my curve. It says Device Error : 394
    and it has a reset button on the bottom.

If I press reset, it keeps on restarting.. over and over again..

I tried so many ways before, start from using the JL Commander, and then the loader nojvm_.. and I feel like giving it up..

Oh yeah, some forum says before we start the DM, we should press S-T-A-R-T on the curve's keyboard. Yes, I DID IT. But then.. the problem changed. It says Device Error : 494
    And if I press the reset button again, it turns out to be Device Error : 394 again!

What the heck is going on with my blackberry?

I brought it to a store, and they said it should change the usb-port or somethin' else I don't know.. fck it!

So please.. is there anyone that can really help me..? I'm wishing so hard that my blackberry would be normal again..

Try using the MFI multiloader...but let the process finish, backup your data, disconnect to the internet and then plug your bb.
    You can look info for this googleing "unlock blackberry mfi"
    03-01-09 09:22 AM
    Try using the MFI multiloader...
    Why point another user to the illegally leaked software which has just killed your phone?
    03-01-09 11:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD