I'll be getting my 8330 tomorrow. I'm anxious to say the least. My first BB.

However, I previously ordered a 2GB memory card. But, the more I read, the more it appears that I should have ordered a 4GB card. So, assuming this is true, should I hurry up and order a 4GB and hold off on using the 2GB?

Bob
    08-05-08 03:57 AM
    First off....welcome to the addiction....

Second....read through some of the threads to get more info on your 4 vs. 2...
    08-05-08 03:59 AM
    I'm not sure how exactly your screwed up... The card size just dictates the maximum amount of media you can put on it. I have a 2GB card and have never had any complaints about it.
    08-05-08 03:59 AM
    It just means that the Max card size is up to 4GB so anthing below this is fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-08 04:05 AM
    I suppose my actual concern is some how filling up the 2GB card too soon and then being left trying to figure out how to transfer all the data to a 4GB card later on. Or ... is that even possible?
    08-05-08 04:24 AM
    I suppose my actual concern is some how filling up the 2GB card too soon and then being left trying to figure out how to transfer all the data to a 4GB card later on. Or ... is that even possible?
    Welcome to the Crack.
    Get a card reader that would allow you to transfer all data from one card to another using a PC..
    08-05-08 04:37 AM
    Welcome to the Crack.
    Get a card reader that would allow you to transfer all data from one card to another using a PC..
    Or, to save money...

Connect BB to PC, navigate to media folders, copy to PC, insert new card, copy folders from PC to new card.

As to filling it up, well that's entirely possible, but completely up to you. I keep a lot of videos on mine, but I tend to delete them after I watch them so that there's always room.
    08-05-08 06:10 AM
    I have a 4 GB card and on that card I currently have 49 CDs of music and a bunch of pics of a shed I am building.....not to mention pics of my grand kid.

I still have 1.3 Gb free space on it.

Kewl

(I want the 16 GB card.....just need an operating system that will kick it)
    08-05-08 12:08 PM
    What is the largest card you can buy for the Curve and about how much do they run?
    08-05-08 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD