I am trying to download themes with a zip file and i cant do it. How do I get the device operating system installed on my pc so that my desktop manager can recognize it. where do i get the deice operating system from.

Thanks for all your help in advance..
    04-24-09 09:26 PM
    Unless you are having trouble with your device itself the OS you already have should be fine, you don't need to install another one. You just need to make sure the theme you are trying to use is for that OS. To find what OS you have either go to options>about. Or you cansimply type the word myver and hit spacebar and it will tell you your current OS. If you still need assistance you can look at lecture 19 of the 101 lecture series in my signature. It tells the basics of themes.
    Last edited by mwdb4au; 04-24-09 at 09:32 PM.
    04-24-09 09:30 PM
    After you download the .zip file you need to extract it to the .cod and .alx files you need for DM to load to your BB. When you view the .zip file on your PC, look for an Extract link at the top of the file explorer window and click on it to extract the .zip file.

Open DM then open Apploader. Browse to the location of the theme's .alx file then click on it, click on Next.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 09:34 PM
    where do I extract it to?

After you download the .zip file you need to extract it to the .cod and .alx files you need for DM to load to your BB. When you view the .zip file on your PC, look for an Extract link at the top of the file explorer window and click on it to extract the .zip file.

Open DM then open Apploader. Browse to the location of the theme's .alx file then click on it, click on Next.

04-24-09 09:45 PM
    Just let windows pick the location. You can move things around later if you don't like where it puts things.

04-24-09 09:50 PM
    Thank you so much

Just let windows pick the location. You can move things around later if you don't like where it puts things.

04-24-09 09:53 PM
    It took me a couple of hrs but I did it. yeah!!!! I now know how to do zip files.
    Thanks You Guys For Your Help.
    04-25-09 01:16 AM
    Awesome glad you got it going...
    04-25-09 01:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD