Hello all,
    I am new to crackberry. I have a very frustrating problem, I hope someone could help with.

I just downloaded the 4.3 vDesktop Manager, and the 4.3v OS.

Before I knew to download the OS, the Desktop recognized my phone, but would not add new apps. The prob is now that that I have the OS, the DM won't recognize my phone.

(I am connecting using the USB port)

I have tried everything I can think of, and I have been at this ALL day.

(and yes I have rebooted my computer Twice)
    06-19-08 05:41 PM
    Have you also tried uninstalling both Desktop Manager and the OS software, rebooting, then reinstalling? Also, are you on XP or Vista?
    06-19-08 05:55 PM
    While the device is plugged in. Go into the device manager in XP or Vista and uninstall the BlackBerry (there could be a yellow exclamation point) Unplug the device and re plug in again. See if that works..
    06-19-08 06:19 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Other users have discovered that re-installing Desktop Manager, after the OS has been installed, will cure the problem.
    06-19-08 06:21 PM
    First off thanks for the quick responses.

I did the suggestion of uninstalling the DM, and then reinstalling it. It worked. The Dm now recognizes my phone, but it still won't let me add applications. It says "No additional applications designed for your device were found".

To answer a previous question, I am running on XP.

The OS matches my phone, I have the v4.3 for DM and OS.

I don't understand what I am doing wrong.

Also I have tried adding a few different applications, so I don't think they are the problem.

Thanks for every1's help.
    06-19-08 11:30 PM
    It says "No additional applications designed for your device were found".
    From the very helpful BlackBerry Tips, How To & FAQ forum:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/expl...e-found-15204/
    06-19-08 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD