Okay...my curve wont turn on

I am currently using a 8310 on AT&T with the newest software. I recently noticed the phone turning on and off and contacted AT&T to send me a replacement phone. So tonight i accidently drop my phone and now it wont turn on. I tried a friends battery and it didnt work. When i plug it into the cord the red light goes on for about 5 seconds then goes off. The problems is that i havent backed it up in a few weeks and have some informations i really need.

does anyone have any idea??

thanks so much!!
    06-07-09 02:53 AM
    Your best bet would be to just keep trying. You could have permanently damaged the phone as others have had the same problems. Try removing the battery for an hour or so. Also try to plug the phone up on charge for a while, or you can even try plugging it up w/ out a battery. Then unplug and re-insert the battery. Maybe it will help reset itself. Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 09:16 AM
    thank you i will try that

has anyone else been a little more successful??
    06-07-09 02:51 PM
    I would follow contractorslim's advice. Although I have had this happen to me on an old device. I dropped it and it did the same thing. I got mad and started banging it on the table.....it came on!!!! You can try it if you like. I think it just jarred the connection between the midplate and the motherboard. The device I had this happen to is still in use today.
    06-07-09 02:55 PM
    rlp is right, there have been threads in the past advising a short drop to get your Berry working again.

Once you get it going, make your backups, including the 3rd party backups you will need to get everything back on your replacement Curve when it arrives.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD