Please help!

My Curve 8330 has recently started making a very loud, sharp, ear-piercing one-second chirp during telephone calls. This happens periodically during each phone call (and it will happen a few times each call). It is a very sharp and piercing sound, (uncomfortable to hear).

The only thing that has changed with my Curve recently, is that the phone was nuked, and I had to reinstall the operating system and all the applications. I've installed operating system v4.5.0.160, and I am a Verizon Wireless customer.

Any ideas on why this is happening and how to fix this bad behavior?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    06-09-09 08:05 AM
    This seems to be affecting mainly VZW users.

Check out this thread...http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/hyb...-131-a-242109/
    06-09-09 08:17 AM
    You can either try a hybrid or downgrade back to whatever you had before.
    06-09-09 08:20 AM
    Awesome information - thanks for the pointer to the write-up. Ok... if I opt to go the downgrade route, do I have to completely reinstall the OS and all the apps? What's your recommendation - downgrade or hybrid? I know you can't make the decision for me - just wondering what your thoughts are. Thanks again! Awesome write-up!
    06-09-09 08:26 AM
    You could try the hybrid and if you have any problems with it or decide you don't like it you could always downgrade to any 4.5 build.

I don't know what OS you were running before but .131 seems to be the most stable.

You don't want .138 or the straight .160, for some reason VZW users are having issues with both builds.

If you downgrade you do have to reinstall the OS.

As far as third party apps you can back them up and reinstall them via DM.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 08:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD