ok im trying to upgrade OS to Nathanix Hybrid 5.0 i got all the req. programs like win rar, and followed the tutorial but for some reason i can't find the vender.xml file??? sorry tried searching but found no info on this problem please help thanks in advance...................Big D
    05-09-10 04:57 PM
    look in c drive>program files>common files>research in motion>apploader ... should be at the bottom in the app loader folder
    05-09-10 05:09 PM
    unless that hybrid already had the vendor.xml already deleted... if thats the case just use the loader file in the apploader folder and your on your way..
    05-09-10 05:11 PM
    thanks fedge i found it, but now i can't find the next step under common files i can't find the shared file to delete old OS dang im such an illiterate........Big D
    05-09-10 05:18 PM
    the old os would be in your installed programs on your pc via start>control panel> add remove programs or programs and features love for Blackberry device softwareVxxxxxxxxxx
    05-09-10 05:20 PM
    thats only if you had previously installed an os on your pc otherwise just run the loader file.. u should be ok..
    05-09-10 05:22 PM
    hmm im still confused what file is the OS file for my blackberry? i can't find it under the add/remove programs, on nathanix website in the tutorial it says next step is to.....

13. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files
    14. Delete the entire OS folder (i.e. Curve 8330 5.0.0.438 = 8330AMEA_v5.0.0.438_P3.5.0.44), yes... I said delete it. It's okay we're going to put something there

and under Research in motion under common files i don't have a shared??
    05-09-10 05:24 PM
    if you never installed an os to your pc before you won't have one there.
    05-09-10 05:27 PM
    oh ok but where to i put the hybrid file then? cause i don't have a OS file under research in motion under common files haha, sorry im stupid with stuff like this.........
    05-09-10 05:33 PM
    sorry im not trying to be rude by any means but i don't think you should be installing a new os on your phone if it's not needed, whats wrong with the os you have now ? since your not to computer savy i don't want you to brick your phone and be upset about it, and not be able to figure out what to do. please don't take that the wrong way.
    05-09-10 05:39 PM
    nothing is wrong with it and i understand what you mean i just wanted a hybrid cause my friend says it makes his phone faster and you can shrink things off of it which is what im doing now i think i figured it out.........
    05-09-10 05:40 PM
    if you click they hybrid file it doesn't auto install ? i'm not 100% as i've never used a hybrid only carrier os's.
    05-09-10 05:41 PM
    no you have to use the BB Swiss army knife tool, wipe the phone (after backing up of course) then load the new OS ............
    05-09-10 05:45 PM
    you don't have to.. thats just a choice of some.
    05-09-10 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD