Hi guys,

So long story short..I found my phone lying face down in a puddle of water for like 5 hours. I used a hairdryer and stuff..and so far all the buttons started working again..BUT theres one huge dilemma stemming from this ..

Every now and then, the backlight keeps Turning Back on!..Even if I dont use my phone, the screen will all of a sudden just turn on causing the backlight to use up battery for no reason!
    As a result, my battery life takes a beating and can only last at most 12 hours. Its really irritating me.

I tried doing the battery pull..backing up my data and reinstalling the BB Desktop..yet the problem still persists.

I heard of a alt+escape concept, but I tried doing that , and nothing shows up..perhaps as a result of the water damage?

Any help from you experts will be more than appreciated! I need my Crackberry for work on a daily basis and this is urgent. Thanks for your time!
    10-29-09 10:50 PM
    when it happened(too late now) you should have immediately pulled the battery out and put the phone in a ziploc bag with a half a cup of uncooked rice. im not sure there is anything you can do about it now.. i wouldnt have used a hairdryer, but thats just me..

i think you are refering to holding alt+right shift+delete. this is just a soft reset(a step below a battery pull.

sorry i dont have better news for you
    10-29-09 11:55 PM
    I hate to say this but its a too late now. Your lucky your curve still works concidering it was laying in a puddle for 5 hours.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-09 01:24 AM
    Not the news I was hoping for..Does anybody have any potential ideas to solve this dilemma..I just charged my BB all day yesterday and the battery is dying already. The backlight keeps turning on..

Do you think the rice thing will work now? (its been 6 days since the water damage incident)
    10-30-09 12:48 PM
    No it won't work now with the rice trick.
    10-30-09 12:53 PM
    It does not hurt to try...
    10-30-09 05:08 PM
    You never wanna use a hairdryer with with electronics it just forces the water further into the phone. The rice thing can't hurt to try now, but most likely its over.
    10-30-09 07:54 PM
    Sorry about your phone, but impressed it's still working.

How long would you leave it in bag with rice (I want this for future reference)?

10-30-09 10:00 PM
    Sorry about your phone, but impressed it's still working.

How long would you leave it in bag with rice (I want this for future reference)?

At least 3 days. Some people leave it in the rice for around 3 weeks.
    10-30-09 10:33 PM
    So im going to give this rice thing a try (its been 5 days , so im definitely crossing my fingers)..my battery unsurprisngly just died again after charging it this morning

When I do the rice thing..Do I put my entire phone in? or do I takeout the battery and leave the back exposed?

Thanks guys
    10-31-09 12:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD