I just got my Curve Friday (after having a Treo 600 for 6 years), and I'm still trying to learn things about it, but this morning I've seen that the little download arrow in the top right corner won't go away. I've closed all available applications, done a soft reboot and nothing stops it... any ideas? It's draining my battery and my device is HOT!
    08-04-08 10:00 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

It is normal for your device to display activity, it is a heartbeat signal that keeps it in contact with the carriers network.

If you choose to stop it, use Connections and deselect Mobile Network. That will silence the activity arrows, but will prevent you from using the device.

Hot may be a problem, mine is just barely warm to the touch after periods of continuous use.
    08-04-08 10:06 AM
    Thanks - I knew that it should show up from time to time, but it's been on since 6 am, with little to no break. I thought that a bit odd. Especially since it didn't do this all Saturday or Sunday.
    08-04-08 10:09 AM
    If you turn your mobile network off and back on does it start up all over again?
    08-04-08 10:30 AM
    Hmmm. No!!! Thanks!!! I have no idea what it was doing, but that seemed to fix it.

Thanks!!!
    08-04-08 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD