This will be my first Blackberry and this is my first post on this forum. Please go easy on me if this question/solution already exists on here.

I will be purchasing a friends Blackberry Curve 8310 tomorrow. I am with att but his phone is from T-Mobile. I have no problem unlocking the phone, but I am concerned with the software / icons / apps that exist on the phone from T-mobile.

Could anyone guide me through the switching of the software from T-mobile to AT&T ? Provide links ?

I've been told that this software switch will NOT change the "Start up screen" from T-mobile to At&t. If this is true, I am totally cool with that.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thank you.
    12-17-08 12:30 PM
    Apps generally are for the device, not the carrier, you should be fine with everything, and you are correct, its still going to boot up as a tomobile device, its about a 4 second long flash lol no biggie.
    12-17-08 12:37 PM
    Tmobile has never sold the 8310. Are you confusing it for the 8320?
    12-17-08 12:38 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

T-Mobile supports a favorite 5 application and AT&T supports a push to talk feature. The internal branding determines what is loaded to the device.

Removing the T-Mobile stuff is simple, Options / Advanced Options / Applications.

If you need to install the Push to Talk, it is possible but it does require installing the BlackBerry Desktop Manager and the BlackBerry device OS package. Once loaded, there are additional editing steps...

Once you insert your SIM card, you will be pushed AT&T selected service books.
    12-17-08 12:40 PM
    Hi Rachel and thank you.

I'm concerned with this because I once unlocked a t-mobile razr for at&t and I had all of the t-mobile icons and that prevented me to access the net or shop att for games along with anything else at&t.

That wasn't so much of a problem considering the price of the razr and the fact that I was generally using it as just a phone. The BB I will be using for many more of the features it offers aside from simply a phone.
    12-17-08 12:41 PM
    It could possibly be mistaken with the 8320. I do not have it in hand at the moment. I should have it tomorrow.

Thank you Reed. Where could I get the Blackberry Desktop Manager and the OS package?
    12-17-08 12:45 PM
    BlackBerry has em, and you can get the latest OS from the sticky above on this forum, but find out if its a 8310 or 20 first
    12-17-08 12:46 PM
    12-17-08 01:17 PM
    Thank you. You've all been very helpful.

Everything worked out well.
    12-18-08 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD