My phone is pretty new and I'm so upset. I went to Mexico, came back and now I'm unable to text. I receive texts but can't send or reply to them. I get a red X whenever I try to send one. I've checked all my setups and can't figure out what is wrong!! I did drop it once but I see no damage to the phone. I know it's a problem with the phone because when I switch my SIM into my old phone, the old phone texts just fine. BTW, when I open the text that didn't "go" it says Unassigned number. HELP! Can't afford another phone!
    07-01-08 12:55 PM
    Try a battery pull. With your phone on, remove the battery for 30 seconds, then put it back in.
    07-01-08 01:00 PM
    thanks sunkast. Tried that already! Doesn't work!
    07-01-08 01:18 PM
    Hello,

Luv, what you should really do is dial 611 from your phone and explain the situation to a CSR. They can troubleshoot the phone more than what you can (battery pull). They will ask you to turn it off and on though, so don't get upset about that.

Worse thing is you'll get transfered to Tech Support. You probably didn't get connected to the network properly or something...

While you're waiting, disable and enable your network from Manage Connects. You'll see a red circle for off, yellow for connecting (I think), and green for connected. Try to see fi that works. Also make sure you have your network (EDGE/3G) going on and have signal.

Edit: Also, if it's defective: < 30 days, you can get a replacement. > 30 days you can get a warranty exchange.
    Last edited by Inifekt; 07-01-08 at 01:24 PM.
    07-01-08 01:22 PM
    I spent an hour or two on the phone with AT&T tech support and we checked everything. They wanted me to reset my SIM card. That's when I decied to try my old phone and it worked fine. I figure that at least tells me my SIM and AT&T service is fine. Figured it had to be my phone. Thought someone on here might just have an answer. My last desparate attempt. I bought my phone on Ebay - there is no exchanging it!
    07-01-08 01:32 PM
    I hate to say this, but it seems that you'll be using your old phone again. It sound like the problem is with your phone and not a software issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-08 03:16 PM
    Keep us informed as to what happened!
    07-01-08 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD