I am getting the following message when I connect my Blackberry device to my computer to update the device softeware:

"You cannot update your software using this system as your device is currently activated on BlackBerry Enterprise Server or BlackBerry Professional Software. Please contact your administrator for updates. Or check for updates from your carrier service provider: (link provided but could not post in this thread due to having less than 10 posts; however, the link does not work anyways)."

I know for sure I don't have BlackBerry Enterprise Server but I'm not sure about the BlackBerry Professional Software. I'm not aware that I have installed anything called BlackBerry Professional Software. How would I know if I have this? If in fact I do not have this, why am I getting this message? I have updated my device software in the past and have not run into this problem. I am currently running v4.5.0.127 (Platform 3.4.0.20), if this helps. I have a Curve 8330 with Cellular South.

Also, the link provided in the message is a dead link. Does not go to anything.
    05-01-09 01:16 PM
    and it reset all of my blackberry messenger friends as well. The only new that I did was install and use the newest version of desktop manager. Any insight on this would be appreciated.
    05-01-09 05:48 PM
    I had this happen too. I had an email from RIM telling me an update was available. Went to the website and upgraded fine (Bold to .247). Had another email a couple of weeks later saying another upgrade was available. Only this time when I tried the same procedure I get the error message you describe. Don't understand it as I know I'm not on BES! Anyone know what is going on?
    05-02-09 02:32 AM
    Glad I'm not the only one. Of the 2 people that have replied to my original post, what service providers are you using?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-02-09 10:42 AM
    I know your on WAP and cant see so I'll help you out. Nickel is on Verizon and Gnome is Vodafone in UK.
    05-02-09 11:07 AM
    When you installed the DM, did you select the BIS email integration option or the BES mail integration option?
    05-02-09 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD