My BB is not recognised when i connect to desktop manager anymore. When i connect my phone it states USB not recognised. In device manager i no longer have my phone listed just UNKNOWN device (with no drivers) Ive tried uninstalling & re installing but still comes back with UNKNOWN driver. Ive also tried uninstalling manager & pulling battery - NOTHING seems to work! Can anyone help with this problem?
    06-27-09 05:36 AM
    Try a different usb port, a different usb cable, lightly wiggle the usb plug at the BB port to see if you have a loose connectiion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by xliderider; 06-27-09 at 06:03 AM.
    06-27-09 05:53 AM
    Also try restarting your PC.

06-27-09 05:55 AM
    Thanks for your replies, I have tried all 5 USB ports on my PC & the same thing occurs on all of them! It is a brand new cable that come with the phone but i have tried wiggling it & its still the same! I have also restarting my PC & pulling the battery - still the same!
    06-27-09 06:10 AM
    Look for another usb cable. They typically come with digital cameras and PSPs.

Also, take a close look at your usb port and the plug on your usb cable for bent pins or contacts.

06-27-09 06:17 AM
    OK, I have just tried that in all the USB ports & its still not recognising the device! The connection symbol appears for a short time then disappears when the notice comes up!
    06-27-09 06:21 AM
    Have you made any changes to your PC lately such as new programs, windows updates or anything like that?

How about your BB, have you made any changes to it?

06-27-09 06:28 AM
    I have updated windows recently, would that affect it. No the BB is exactly how it came from new.
    06-27-09 07:26 AM
    I have updated windows recently, would that affect it. No the BB is exactly how it came from new.
    It's a possibility.
    06-27-09 07:37 AM
    Try to another computer or laptop if the problem still occur.

06-27-09 08:02 AM
    I installed it on my laptop & have exactly the same thing on there too! Is it a problem with the phone?
    06-27-09 09:48 AM
    My guess is either the phone's usb port, or the usb cable you are using. Did you do as I suggested and inspect the cable and port for bent pins?
    06-27-09 02:09 PM
    I tried using a usb cable from my digital camera, and my computer didn't recognize my berry. Hooked it up using my blackberry usb cable, and have had no problems. I have heard of others having problems using different usb cables as well.
    Make sure that you use your blackberry usb cable.
    Do you have any problems charging your blackberry using the wall charger?
    06-27-09 02:51 PM
    Xliderider - Yes i did check them & all seems fine!

Ace_Bruno - I am using the brand new USB cable i got with the new phone & have also used 1 from my digital camera - none work!!!

I have just tried using the wall charger & that isnt working on my BB now either!

UPDATE

Thanks to everyone for all there help, my BB has now decided to work with the USB connection after several DM & PC restarts & battery pulls! Very confusing lol
    Last edited by scoobyblue76; 06-27-09 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Problem sorted
    06-27-09 04:21 PM
    Hope you have a recent backup.

Sounds like you need to exchange your BB for another one, hopefully it is still under warranty.
    06-27-09 04:23 PM
    Xliderider - not really sure what the problem was, probably something i was doing (or wasnt) Yeah i have recent back up. Ive only had the phone 2 wks from brand new - will have to keep an eye on it!

Thanks for all your help
    06-27-09 04:39 PM
    glad you got it working. If it acts up again delete and reinstall your bb dm then try and connect.
    06-27-09 05:32 PM
    I sure hope that the usb port isn't f.u.b.a.r.
    06-27-09 10:14 PM
    I'm using bb 9700 I downloaded OS6 for 9700 with DM v5.0.1 nd I deleted the "Vender.xml" file but still my DM does not recognize ma bb. Nd on ma pc whn I pluck ma bb it shows USB device not recognized nd I tried device manager nd I unclicked the usb hub "allow to turn off this device" I also tried hard reset and differnt us cables and also tried my other blackberry bt it recognizes it even some usb's nd all ma usb hub are working but still I even tried to restart ma computer many times...any help plzzzzzz!
    05-15-13 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD