My friend and I have been trying (unsuccessfully) all night to add each other to our respective contact lists. The problem seems to be that neither of us are receiving the PIN requests we're sending each other. (I even tried sending her a request via email, but she never got that either.)

I sent a PIN request to myself and got it immediately, so I have no idea what the problem is.

If anyone has any idea what's going wrong here I'd love to hear it. Also, if anyone is willing to try to add me to their contacts, that would be great too.

Thank you in advance!
    08-27-08 12:57 AM
    Both of you have a BB data plan?
    08-27-08 01:03 AM
    If you have a bb data plan, are the pins correct? If you do it by email, the email address must be registered on your bb as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-08 01:19 AM
    Thank you for replying!

Yes, we both have data plans and yes, the PINs are correct. I only tried to email her a request once, but sent her multiple PIN requests- none of which she got. I don't get hers either, but I got the one I sent to myself. I don't understand what the issue is. :-(
    08-27-08 01:39 AM
    This is a problem that can happen with all BlackBerries unfortunately. I have this same issue with a couple of my friends and they have Pearls and I have and 8830 WE. Does anyone know how to reinstall BB Messenger after deleting it off a Curve? My friend had accidentally deleted her BBM instead of hiding it. When I checked her hidden icons, it was not there. Should she install a new OS to fix this. I'm not really sure if she needs to go to the BlackBerry site or her service provider (at&t). Thanks in advance.
    08-27-08 01:51 AM
    I deleted BB Messenger from my Curve once but was able to reinstall it via Desktop Manager. It should still be listed in your apps there.

08-27-08 01:57 AM
    Thanks, I'll let her know. I just hope she installed DM. Lol.
    08-27-08 02:02 AM
    If you still need helping testing out your blackberry messenger I would be glad to test it out for you if you will send me you pin number in a private message. First are you going to the top of the address book and highlighting use once and then clicking request by pin? Just curious.
    08-27-08 02:50 AM
    If you still need helping testing out your blackberry messenger I would be glad to test it out for you if you will send me you pin number in a private message. First are you going to the top of the address book and highlighting use once and then clicking request by pin? Just curious.
    That's the odd part... It's not taking me to my address book when I select "Add Contact". It gives me a pop-up box with the text <Type PIN/Email address or Name here... > in it. So I put in the PIN number and it tells me it's sent the request, but she's not getting any request from me. I'm not getting anything from her either. I'm getting so frustrated! lol

I'll send you my PIN and you can try to add me... Thanks for helping!
    08-27-08 02:55 AM
    You ROCK! A million thank you's for your help! Glad to know it's her BB and not mine! LOL
    08-27-08 03:31 AM
    Ha Ha!! Your welcome! Glad I could help. Glad your bb isn't messed up either
    08-27-08 03:37 AM
    I spent a couple hours with a friend yesterday trying to send her an invite her to BB messagner with no luck. First all I don't know her Pin and she is unable to find it ,even after I gave her the 2 diffrent options to find it. So my question is. How can I send her an request if I don't have her PIN. I did the email thing but I have no clue if she got it..
    08-27-08 04:38 AM
    If you don't have her PIN you are completely out of luck.

Finding the PIN is not that hard. options > status > PIN
    08-27-08 04:45 AM
    I've been having problems adding my cousin's PIN and vice-versa.

It's been showing her as a pending contact forever now, anyway to fix this?

I've been able to add 4 other people, but my cousin.
    08-27-08 06:59 AM
    It might just be your cousin's phone. xodedexo18 and I were able to add each other with no problems, so we concluded that it's my friend's phone. My friend also stays pending.

I also noticed that the other people I've been able to add had the same model of phone that I have, but maybe that's a coincidence?

08-27-08 07:24 AM
    Hmm, my cousin and I both use 8320 Curves.

3 people I added have Pearls and one has an 8800 I believe.

Hopefully it's something simple.

Thanks!!!!
    08-27-08 07:30 AM
    TOday a friend of mine added me to his BB messenger contact list just by having my cell phone number. So when I get home I try to add a friend of mine who also has a BB to my BB messenger contact list, but no luck.
    Any suggestions?
    08-31-08 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD