Hi All,

New member here and in need of help. My Curve 8310 is having issues that I cannot resolve. I'd like to resolve this myself before going back to the store, as this is a company issued device.

In short - my Curve will display that it has 1 - 5 bars on the EDGE network. Sometimes when I try to make a call, it will immediately tell me the call failed. I then see that I have no signal.

After a few seconds, or sometimes quite a few minutes, the phone will search for a network. It will then find and rapidly connect to the following networks, in no particular order:

gsm
    GSM
    gprs
    GPRS
    edge
    EDGE

When it settles down, I'll have 1 - 5 bars on the EDGE network. I can make a call or two, then this problem happens again.

Eventually, the phone will settle down for a few days or up to a week or so, then it will happen again.

It does not matter where I am when this happens. It has happened in various parts of MD, in DC, in various parts of VA.

I suspect buggy code or a faulty radio. Anyone ever seen or heard of this and / or have any suggestions?

Thanks.
    07-28-08 11:10 AM
    First things first let's try the simplest of solutions and do a battery pull. With your phone on, remove the battery for 30 seconds, then put it back in.

And FYI, that is the normal operation when connecting to a signal to go through gsm, GSM, gprs, GPRS, edge, and EDGE. All BBs do this when connecting to a signal. So after all a minute or so, it will say searching for network again?
    07-28-08 11:19 AM
    Thanks for your note. Battery pull does nothing. I have tried it several times when this has happened.

And yes, at times when it settles on a network, all will appear fine UNTIL I try to make a call or send an email. Then it falls off the network, goes through this process again. Eventually I will be able to make a call.

Sometimes, after the first successful call, it will go through this process again when I attempt the next call. Other times, the phone will operate normally for a few hours, or even a few days up to a week.

Eventually, the problem returns for no apparent reason, and it does not seem to matter where I am in the country, what time it is, what the weather conditions are, or what the price of gas is.

Might a software update fix this? My concern is that this will happen in the middle of a SW update and then I have a nice door stop on my hands.
    07-28-08 12:04 PM
    Yeah that's what I would suggest. Reloading the OS, and if that doesn't work, ask for a replacement.
    07-28-08 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD