Ok so I have the ATT BB Curve. I only want a few things out of my BB. One I wanted a drug reference (for work) which I downloaded (Epocrates), and I wanted AOL messenger which I also downloaded, but have not used yet. I have a 2GB memory card. I only have about 10 pictures on the phone. Now I am going to need simple help here bc I'm not so BB friendly yet! But my problem is my phone is now very very slow, timer pops up alot and I guess it is bc I have no/minimal memory left. Should I not have downloaded both of those programs? Shouldn't the media card help with that? I am not sure how to get pics or anything onto the media card so I don't even think I'm utilizing it yet. Please help me! I want to love my BB.
    06-27-08 03:28 PM
    go to options>status, and tell us how much free space you have.
    06-27-08 03:32 PM
    O bytes and my media card says 1.8 GB (same as when I installed it)
    06-27-08 03:33 PM
    0 as in zero!!!!!! BYTES!!?????
    06-27-08 03:34 PM
    If those are the only 2 apps you've added, shouldn't be too bad. I'm not sure how big Epocrates is though. AS far as the Card, it does not help with installed apps. They are only installed on the device internal memory. To move pics to the card from the device, go to the pic, hit menu, move, navigate to the folder on the card, hit menu, move here. To automatically store pics to the card as you take them, open the camera, hit menu, options, store photos on - select media card. And before putting any media on the card, go to Options, Media card, hit menu, select Format Media Card. Hope this helps you out a bit.
    06-27-08 03:36 PM
    Wow - a couple posts while I"m typing sure would have changed some of my answer! lol
    06-27-08 03:37 PM
    I was hoping you hop in here soon chaz cuz i haven't seen or heard of 0 bytes.
    06-27-08 03:39 PM
    Oh no! Do you think Epocrates is too big? I can take it off and try to find a smaller program?! I will try the picture thing right now. Thanks for helping me.
    06-27-08 03:40 PM
    First thing to try is to reset. Press and hold Alt, Shift, Delete together. Let it reboot, and tell us what the File Free is after that.
    06-27-08 03:41 PM
    Epocrates is a huge program. Look around skyscape for med programs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-08 03:43 PM
    According to the application's site -

Minimum available memory - 9.0 MB* + 20K per free health plan formulary selected

So potentially a memory eater, but if that's really all you have on there, it shouldn't cause too many issues.
    06-27-08 03:45 PM
    Ok I have no problem getting rid of Epocrates. Just will need help with that! My free memory after rebooting is 0. It really is all I downloaded. Just a while back I had done that mail/messenger thing for AIM.
    06-27-08 03:48 PM
    Chaz is that possible to have 0 byes?!
    06-27-08 03:51 PM
    I don't think I'm reading it wrong. It says File Free: 0 Bytes File total: 54919168 Bytes
    06-27-08 03:52 PM
    To get rid of it - Go to Options> Advanced Options> Applications> look for Epocrates> highlight it> Menu> delete.

It should ask if you want to reset now, select yes. If not, do it yourself again.
    06-27-08 03:53 PM
    Chaz is that possible to have 0 byes?!
    Yes - I've had a couple people have that happen.
    06-27-08 03:53 PM
    If you have access to a PC, I highly recommend following the instructions here to get the most memory out of your BB -

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    06-27-08 03:55 PM
    Ok now my free bytes say 11235536. Is that normal? There are bunch of apps on there that I guess came with the BB, can I delete those for more memory? What should I look for when looking for a drug program, how many bytes?
    06-27-08 04:01 PM
    Thank you thank you thank you
    06-27-08 04:02 PM
    If you follow the instructions in my last post, you'll gain a bunch of memory. I honestly don't know a good answer to how big is too big, but even after deleting the app, 11235536 isn't that great.

Give the Memory Optimization a shot if you're comfortable with it, it really help you out.

I did it, and I'm just a small town carpenter, not a computer guy at all.
    06-27-08 04:05 PM
    To get rid of it - Go to Options> Advanced Options> Applications> look for Epocrates> highlight it> Menu> delete.

It should ask if you want to reset now, select yes. If not, do it yourself again.
    Chaz, I read someplace that Epocrates could be installed with its databases on the Media Card. I've never see this App but that's what I read! I'm out.
    06-27-08 04:07 PM
    I checked on that Pete, and it only allows that if it's on a Palm or a Windows Mobile device. At least that's how I read it. Shame really.
    06-27-08 04:11 PM
    Ok great. I deleted the sample video. Not sure if I should delete BB messenger. I don't need it right, if I have AIM? I'm also figuring out how to move my pics over to the media card I think bc it's freeing up memory! Yeah!
    06-27-08 04:21 PM
    I use BBM all the time, but yes, you could remove it. And getting the pics to the card will be a big help.
    06-27-08 05:30 PM
    Ok well now I have 19896712 File Free and 54919168 Total. I'm a little confused bc my media card free memory is still the same at 1.8 GB? Shouldn't that be decreasing as I put the pics on there. I hope I put the pics on there. I moved them somewhere and it seemed to free up memory!
    06-27-08 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD