Ok this is the 2nd time in 2 days for this to happen! Please explain if you can...When I connect my bb to the computer and open the Desktop Manager, the manager doesn't recognize my password and denies me..at that point my BB DOESN'T recognize its own password anymore and locks me out. Of course after 10 attempts at the password it WIPES MY PHONE CLEAN (I really don't understand the purpose of wiping a phone clean over password issues) What the h3ll!! Can someone help me with this?
    01-08-09 02:26 PM
    Wht DM are you using?
    01-08-09 02:31 PM
    I'm in the same boat here. I got my BB yesterday . .set the password . .locked and unlocked it several times yesterday and today . . then I hook it up to the desktop manager for the first time and now it's telling me to type "blackberry" and then asking for my password and then telling me it's WRONG. . .

I dunno about OP, but I'm just using the desktop manager that came on the disk with the phone.

WHY is it doing this and WHAT do I (we) do about it??!
    01-10-09 11:09 PM
    (I really don't understand the purpose of wiping a phone clean over password issues) What the h3ll!!
    If your phone were ever lost or stolen, you and the people you have in your
    contact list will appreciate this. If you save sensitive email or text messages,
    you will definitely appreciate this.
    01-10-09 11:20 PM
    Well I figured out how to get into mine. I'll share my password here . .'cause I don't see a threat . .and I'll change it after this just in case I guess . .ANYWAY . . my password was 0827. I had to enter 0xez to get accepted. the x is the same key as 8, e is the same key as 2 . . .. . .yada yada . . yada
    01-10-09 11:22 PM
    If you only hit the alt key once, it doesn't "lock' the numbers. It is only active for the one number then reverts back to letters. So when you first entered your password on the phone it was set to 0xez instead of 0827. So then typing in 0827 on the computer won't work to unlock.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD