Ok, so I have a 8310. I wanted to upgrade to the newest version as explained in the update thread (yes, even deleted vendors file).

So it was doing its thing, and then all of a sudden it said "Connecting to device" on the program. Well, on my phone I now have a white screen that says "App Error 523" and under it, it says "Reset". If I press that, it will ty to restart the phone, but it goes right back to that screen.

Also, Desktop Manager won't recognize my phone now.

What can I do?
    10-13-08 01:12 AM
    Download the CrackMem app in my sig. Use it to wipe your phone.
    There is a button on the right side for that function.

You will then have a Error 507. This is good, it means there is no OS on your
    phone. Open DM again, reconnect your phone, click application loader and
    reinstall the OS
    10-13-08 01:15 AM
    Search the forums for "Bricked Berry"

Should help you recover it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-08 01:16 AM
    Thanks, Ill try the Crackmem.
    10-13-08 01:21 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

This is the link morales mentioned. Good Luck
    10-13-08 01:22 AM
    Thanks AG

I was trying to find it but its hard on the berry.

10-13-08 01:25 AM
    Well, I tried that. But when the AppLoader opens, it says like "Communications Port Selection" and I have a drop down, the only choice is "USB-PIN: MyPIN" (MyPin is actual numbers, my actual PIN, lol)

Well, when I click next, it immediately says "A connection to the device could not be established. Please ensure that the device is properly connected to the cradle or USB cable, and that the cradle or USB cable is connected securely to your computer. Also ensure that the device has completed any startup operations. Then run the Application Loader Wizard again."

P.S.: My phone IS plugged in, but still stuck at the App Error 523" Screen.

P.P.S.: NEVERMIND, IT ASKED ME FOR MY PASSWORD NOW. DOESNT WORK ONE MINUTE, BUT WORKS THE NEXT, lol. Now lets try this.
    10-13-08 01:31 AM
    Ok, so it finally is finished. But now on my phone I have been sitting on the hour glass thing (like when you turn the phone on after a battery pull) for about 5 minutes now ... Is that normal?
    10-13-08 01:57 AM
    If your installing the new OS then it can take several Min, post back in 5 min if your still having issues, you may have to wipe the berry

10-13-08 02:02 AM
    So the weirdest thing happened. I "Wipe Phone" using CrackMem .... when everything was over and done with, I had the new OS o_O. lol.

Thanks for all the help!
    10-13-08 02:06 AM
    Crackmem does it all!

10-13-08 02:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD