After having have used and download the OZ messenger allowing Blackberry users to connect to 3 messaging services (i.e. AIM, Yahoo, MSN), I am disappointed in the quality.
    My question is if there are any alternatives to downloading AIM on my Blackberry 8300 from AT&T because I am having difficulty downloading it directly from AIM. It claims that my BB is incapable of acquiring it.
    01-24-08 12:07 PM
    I would highly recommend purchasing JiveTalk. It will integrate all of your IM accounts into one. When I ran into problems with AIM I tried the demo and was very pleased.

If you want a free solution you could try Ramble. I used it for a couple of days and wasn't really happy with what it had to offer.

Good luck!
    01-24-08 12:21 PM
    For basic IMs Ramble IM serves its purpose. If you want more control, then you should get JiveTalk. I think you should try Ramble first and then decide if you like it or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-08 12:46 PM
    jive talk is an awesome app

i would suggest taking the free 30 day trial
    01-24-08 12:52 PM
    where i may download "JiveTalk" or "Ramble"? Will it be from Media net or the "shop applications" icon?
    01-24-08 02:26 PM
    Just in case you did not know ( I had to find out the hard way)....If your carrier is ATT, you will be charge for the sending and recieving of IM as text messages.
    01-24-08 02:42 PM
    Luckily for me, I have unlimited messages and data usage
    01-24-08 02:53 PM
    You can google "ramble I'm" and "jivetalk"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-08 09:01 PM
    Tried the JiveTalk. Like it. Pretty easy - in the trial mode, you still need to get the key when it asks... don't have to pay yet. That threw me for a sec. Need to go to beejive.com.
    01-25-08 12:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD