I am new to this so be gental.

I have looked in the manual and I am not seeing it there. How do I "save" an email attachment in a location where I can get eCell to open it (or even find it)? I tried what I thought was save but do not see the file anyplace when I wish to open it. I can open and view them, but there is no save option there at that point I see. There is no tool bar at the top of the window either then. As such I assume I am not in eCell but a viewer of some type.

It is an Excel file. I have tried both the new Excel (07) and the previous version (97) formats. I went to files and did not find it either.
    10-31-08 08:49 AM
    I believe it depends on what OS (operating system) your phone has. If you have the current v4.5.0.81 you should see an option in the menu of the email to download attachment. I don't believe earlier versions allowed this.

The other way to to do it is save it on your computer and when you connect your BB to the computer open Windows Explorer and drag it from the PC to the BB.
    10-31-08 09:06 AM
    Open your media card, (click on your media card icon), press the menu button, click explore. If you downloaded and saved your attachment, it should be there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-31-08 09:15 AM
    Hum ... it appears I do not have that operating system as yet (VRZN) and do not have a memory card installed. I guess I know what I am getting tonight!
    10-31-08 10:29 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

I ran into exactly the same problem yesterday. The media card has to be present for the "Download Attachment" option to be present.
    10-31-08 10:43 AM
    i believe you need docs to go also but not sure.
    10-31-08 10:48 AM
    Are these not part of the new 4.5 I do not have as yet? So I will need to wait for that as well.
    10-31-08 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD